GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Commercial Development Analyst will be responsible for partnering with the commercial development team to support the programmatic, planning and market driven activities across the business units. This individual will be tasked with supporting the operational needs and program management aspects of the commercial development and ecosystem teams.
• Support in the development of and lead execution of high-priority, high-impact GEV programs and initiatives including but not limited to Boston Ecosystem Strategy, Growth Activation portfolio company services.
• Help identify strategies and program offerings that generate value for key GEV audiences while maximize GEV's platform of innovation offerings (equity investing, new business creation, licensing, and early-stage research)
• Define and craft program management support for the optimal execution of commercial development and ecosystem activities, including but not limited to Venture Innovation Forums, Salon Dinners, Capstone Events, Crotonville training and advisory council execution.
• Engage the external ecosystem and develop win-win partnerships that benefit key audiences, GEV, GE BUs, GE customers, portfolio companies, NewCos, licensing partners, and the innovation ecosystem
• Work with the Events, Campaign and Content teams to execute high-value programs and tactics; work with Marketing to craft the go-to-market strategy, messaging and position of the programs and brand
• Assist to coordinate and advance communication and relationships with key business leaders across GE BUs, GE Corporate / GGO / GRC, and the external ecosystem including follow up items and meeting coordination
• Partner with Practice Leaders, their teams, partners, portfolio companies and Marketing to identify, curate, develop and key operating procedures that will drive consistency across the group
• Work with the Intelligence and Analytics to analyze, measure, and report program performance through executive and program-specific dashboards
• Strong understanding for collaboration tools including the ability to develop overall implementation projects that will deliver
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Strategy, Communications, Entrepreneurship or Marketing
• At least 5+ years of related industry experience in innovation, technology transfer/licensing, accelerator or incubator environment development exposure a plus
• Program management and attention to detail and flawless execution are critical
• Excellent critical/analytical thinking combined with strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
• Proactive, self-directed, creative, strategic thinking and able to implement plan via a well thought out process
• Ability to understand the motivations, perspectives, and objectives of key external and internal audiences, identify the levers of influence for optimal engagement
• The candidate must demonstrate proven success in an entrepreneurial environment
• Willing to travel approximately 50% of the time and attend events in the evenings and on weekends; ideally located in Boston, MA
• Entrepreneurial spirit and disruptive thinking, ability to translate future trends and opportunities to near-term revenue growth; experience in building a network for innovation acceleration
• Outstanding communication and organizational skills; Strong presenter
• Strong team presence and experience in dealing with C-level suite executives
• Able to work independently. Formulate and execute a self-driven engagement plan and gain buy-in
• Able to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with appropriate sense of urgency
• Able to learn new industries, customers and technologies and translate value to internal teams
• Able to analyze, interpret, draw conclusions, and implement solutions on a variety of complex issues
• Individual must be self-focusing and able to drive the critical few priorities in an environment where many demands and requests present themselves
Locations: United States; California, Massachusetts; Menlo Park, Boston
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.