Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Marketing Excellence is a function that sits at the enterprise-level in Johnson Controls and leads the Global Marketing Leadership Council, oversees the enterprise-wide Marketing Operating System and Shared Services roles in Marketing.
The Johnson Controls Commercial Development Program (CDP) is a two -year program designed to help top talent develop their commercial skills through three rotational assignments across various areas within JCI, including Marketing, Sales and Sales Operations. Participants will learn relevant skills and knowledge from intensive classroom and webinar sessions taught by our senior leaders and industry experts. Participants will be involved with projects and initiatives that directly impact our strategic operations and business growth. During each assignment, the selected candidates will participate in on-the-job training program within our Commercial Development division, beginning June 2017.
• Will be part of the Marketing Excellence team and interact with the Marketing teams in Johnson Controls Business Units to extract marketing best practice and align marketing processes to world-class standards across Johnson Controls. The objective is to provide marketing insight, marketing process standards and support an aligned marketing execution to increase leads and drive marketing excellence to accelerate growth.
• Launch the portal strategy and infrastructure and core content components of the marketing operating system to enable access and training for global marketing best practice processes that enable marketing execution excellence
• Support data extraction, data analysis and visualization of marketing performance data to implement a global marketing dashboard and regular cadence performance review process.
• Develop and providing marketing insights and analysis of the business
• Work with BUs to understand local marketing processes and align to Enterprises standards to create efficiencies.
• Influence local teams to improve local marketing processes to improve marketing performance.
• Undergraduate Seniors majoring in Sales, Marketing, International Business or related field who expect to graduate May 2017.
• Minimum GPA 3.3
• The successful candidate will combine strong attention to detail with ability to think strategically at a global level.
• Very strong analytical and problem solving skills. Knowledge of Excel is a must-have.
• Passion for sales and understanding of the specialist sales model, preferably with relevant experience in Professional Services or Solution oriented industries.
• Passion for new, innovative, high growth products & services and sales models.
• Excellent project and program management skills.
• Conviction & passion for the field.
• Understanding that results and relationships are intertwined.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work and lead through influence in a cross-group environment.
• Solid capability to confront unstructured problems with structured solution approaches.
• Strength in developing and executing strategy while applying sales excellence principles.
ABOUT JCI'S CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other career opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.