Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Enterprise Sales supports the SVP of sales and the sales leadership team for ISS & Products across the world. This business unit drives over $5.5B of Bookings, through 6000 front line sellers and 700 sales managers.
The Johnson Controls Commercial Development Program (CDP) is a two -year program designed to help top talent develop their commercial skills through three rotational assignments across various areas within JCI, including Marketing, Sales and Sales Operations . Participants will learn relevant skills and knowledge from intensive classroom and webinar sessions taught by our senior leaders and industry experts. Participants will be involved with projects and initiatives that directly impact our strategic operations and business growth. During each assignment, the selected candidates will participate in on-the-job training program within our Commercial Development division, beginning June 2017.
• Will be part of the WW sales team and interact with the Products and Business Units to help drive sales strategy and execution. The objective is to provide insight, strategic direction and strong execution to drive sales excellence and business management functions to accelerate growth.
• Ensure predictable business processes that enable sales execution excellence
• Manage and driving operational excellence and instilling world-class selling disciplines and capabilities, including adoption of related processes and tools, and driving cross-group collaboration and alignment.
• Develop and providing business insights and analysis of the business
• Manage the ROB process across the enterprise, including weekly reviews.
• Develop processes that allow us to manage the business effectively across all areas
• Design analytics and data views that provide insights into our business, including strong pipeline management and forecasting
• Work with BUs to understand local sales processes and align to Enterprises processes to create efficiencies.
• Influence local teams to improve their local processes to improve pipeline accuracy and accelerate deals.
Provide Visibility of the "Sales Machine".
• Take leadership on a variety of projects which support the WW Enterprise Sales function for sales analytics and program management.
• Develop and document business practices, planning guidelines and business reporting for consistent management and tracking for all product and ISS businesses.
• Create and document operational processes such as pipeline management, both to the direct team, and sales teams within the wider organization.
• Establish and define/run the ROB (rhythm of the business) through development and coordination of business processes, definition and reporting of revenue and metrics, and associated pipeline and management control systems.
• Be able to provide insights to the team about the business as it correlates to sales stage, revenue/metric, by area as it relates to the fiscal year actuals, forecast and budget.
• Anticipate complex business issues by using an enhanced analysis of trends and variables.
Sales Strategy and Execution
• Document successful Go-to-market strategies and solutions that have successful implementations across the enterprise.
• Drive sales analytics, white spacing analysis, pipeline and revenue trend analysis, and partner with sales leaders to understand the results and potential execution plans to achieve growth as the business evolves and matures.
• Create a community of SMEs that are vertical and/or solution specific to leverage across businesses.
• Support fiscal year and graduation planning with global coverage by the various criteria for FY investments (HC, revenue, metric, sales motion).
• Support and drive fiscal year and graduation planning and regular business reviews for Enterprise Sales.
• Undergraduate Seniors majoring in Sales, Marketing, International Business or related field who expect to graduate May 2017.
• Minimum GPA 3.3
• The successful candidate will combine strong attention to detail with ability to think strategically at a global level.
• Very strong analytical and problem solving skills. Knowledge of Excel is a must-have.
• Passion for sales and understanding of the specialist sales model, preferably with relevant experience in Professional Services or Solution oriented industries.
• Passion for new, innovative, high growth products & services and sales models.
• Excellent project and program management skills.
• Conviction & passion for the field.
• Understanding that results and relationships are intertwined.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work and lead through influence in a cross-group environment.
• Solid capability to confront unstructured problems with structured solution approaches.
• Strength in developing and executing strategy while applying sales excellence principles.
ABOUT JCI'S CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other career opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.