GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responsible for supporting the structuring, negotiation and execution of outbound intellectual property/technology-based transactions. In this role the individual will work closely with internal GE Venture Licensing program development teams and GE Digital leadership to help shape the program and prepare it for licensing to third parties.
Emphasis will be placed on domains including software relating to GE's intellectual property in Internet-of-Things, energy, enterprise applications, financial technology, modeling, machine learning, and healthcare IT.
GE Ventures-Licensing (GEVL) monetizes GE technologies and intellectual property (IP) globally via creative commercialization structures ranging from Licensing to new venture creation, in partnership with GE Business units. This will include driving program evaluation, market & business models and commercial deal negotiation and execution. Emphasis will be on developing and executing go to market strategies for approved programs, deal & program/team structuring, negotiation and program management, taking into account business constraints including for example IP encumbrances, regulatory, compliance, labor, trade controls and product strategies. The role will bring direct financial & strategic value of novel and various business models to GE, leading in building a culture of integrity, while pushing business boundaries.
• Organize and support negotiations with third parties for intellectual property/technology based license (and associated) transactions
• Liaise with GE business units to originate and manage expectations for new programs.
• Partner with GEVL Program Managers in developing business cases for new programs from GE patents/ technologies/ businesses
• Partner with GEVL program build teams to identify appropriate patent/technology candidates to build into revenue producing license (or associated) programs
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum 3 years' experience in commercializing & licensing various technologies and intellectual property in a corporate setting
• Advanced degree in software, electrical engineering
• MBA in marketing or finance, or legal equivalent degree
• Demonstrated knowledge of building business cases for patent/technology driven programs, including market sizing, valuation and customer identification
• 5 years' experience commercializing new technology in healthcare, energy, materials, software, IoT, electrical & mechanical system domains
• Demonstrated experience in intellectual property analysis and landscape assessment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience with IP technology transfer, licensing, sale and/or for joint development across multiple companies
• Able to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers & stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: United States; California, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York; Niskayuna, San Ramon, Atlanta,New Orleans, Boston
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.