Arconic is in search of a Commercial Financial Controller to join their team in Davenport, Iowa to support the Aerospace and Automotive Products (AAP) Business Unit; a leading supplier of aluminum plate and sheet. The Business Unit is comprised of over 3,000 employees located at several manufacturing facilities and sales offices in North America and United Kingdom. This position is a key role within the BU Headquarters’ Finance organization that provides commercial and financial analysis, reporting and support for the staff groups and plant locations within AAP.
As a Commercial Financial Controller, you will be a business partner to the AAP HQ Office, in general including the AAP locations controllers and especially the AAP Financial Reporting & Business Analysis Manager and the VP of Finance. The position reports to the Financial Reporting & Business Analysis Manager at the Business Unit HQ and will work with BU personnel across all functions, but focused in the Commercial area. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Derive business insights from financial and strategic analysis and synthesize high impact and targeted recommendations and presentations for management review and decision making.
- Provide strategic and tactical financial analysis to key internal customers.
- Support the financial forecasting and bridging activities with leadership for the Commercial groups which consist of the Global Aerospace group, Global Automotive group and the Inside Sales/Customer Service group.
- Support the development of the annual business plan.
- Align and systematically track commercial targets to the annual plan.
- Provide an accurate decision support system to facilitate pertinent business decisions.
- Provide data and recommendations to Commercial managers regarding financial implications of options they are considering as well as highlighting ways that they can improve the financial results of the business unit.
- Gain in-depth understanding of Arconic's segments and business drivers and recommend improvements.
- Review monthly forecasts and annual plan; understand deviations from both and provide insights to management.
- Analyze and publish of monthly/quarterly/annual commercial and financial reports including consolidated financials, flash reports, closing summary, Key Performance Indicators, Inventory /Working Capital analysis and other reports necessary to help drive optimal decision.
- Lead process improvement projects to achieve world-class performance.
- Develop, maintain and update models that forecast performance under various economic conditions and market scenarios.
- Drive financial performance target setting through business and competitor analysis as well as external benchmarking.
- Analyze markets, products and customer profitability and recommend actions to improve business results.
- Critically evaluate capital requests for strategic alignment and bottom line potential.
- Collaborate with Executive, Group and BU management on ad hoc and ongoing analysis.
- Develop a network of contacts across Groups and BU functions to facilitate an efficient data gathering process.
- Support special projects and conduct ad-hoc financial data analysis to support management in sound decision-making.
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.