Fire Alarm Commercial Sales Representative
The Commercial Fire Alarm Sales Representative is a senior level sales associate with accreditation/certification, with a focus on fire alarm design and sales. The position is responsible for securing profitable sales and upgrades to new, existing and discontinued Johnson Controls customers in
the San Francisco Bay Area while maximizing customer satisfaction and retention. This rep will also have a commanding knowledge of our fire product line, as well as that of our services. Senior Account Executive is responsible for sale of more sophisticated, integrated fire solutions and products.
A portion of this individual's time will be spent working with and developing the skills of newer sales associates as directed by the Commercial Management team. This individual will work on all fire, as well as integrated technologies to assure that the selling rep as well as the customer's needs are met, and that Johnson Controls profitability is assured.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to current Johnson Controls policies, procedures, products, programs and services.
- Create new market share by selling a broad range of Johnson Controls fire products and services to new local commercial customers.
- Sell additional products and services to existing accounts that continue to present new sales opportunities . Sell add-ons, amend, and convert existing customer systems to meet the customers' expectations.
- Renew existing customer agreements.
- Responsible for resale opportunities within an assigned territory
- Sell products within assigned territory consisting of integrated video surveillance, access control, and fire sales. Fire jobs, where NICET certification and an understanding of local municipal codes are required will be estimated, confirmed, and sold with the support of this associate.
- Identify prospects utilizing creative lead-generating techniques and maintain productive working relationships with existing customers.
- Utilize approved marketing materials to include the Commercial Model Sales Call process to present sales presentation and proposal to prospects, assuring the customer understands our value proposition, positive features and advantages of our products and services over those of the competition. Follow up with prospects in a timely manner.
- Independently establish call plans and customer follow-up strategies and tactics; consistently apply time and territory management techniques.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers' issues and needs through in-house training, networking and reading/research.
- Obtain referrals and work with Centers of Influence.
- Process work order and complete all paperwork in accordance with approved and standardized procedures.
- Conduct post installation follow-up by contacting customer, ensuring commitments were met and affirm customer satisfaction once the customer has been in service.
- Provide training/guidance to less experienced representatives.
- Team-sell with other Tyco Integrated Security associates, particularly representatives in the first 180 days of position being assigned.
- Responsible for new business development for North America and Local business accounts - existing customers and new.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a successful commercial sales representative in the security, IT or other technology sales industry, demonstrated by the consistent ability to meet and exceed quota - and/or
- Fire alarm systems background.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer and Tyco Integrated Security organizations
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Builds Effective Teams
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Organizational Agility
- Conflict Management
- Managing Diversity
- Peer Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
- Developing Direct Reports & Others
- Valid drivers' license with clean driving record
- Ability to work a full time schedule
- Available for local travel, which may include nights and weekends to accommodate customer's schedule
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale .
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.