Power Power Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Commercial Manager - Gas Simple / Combine Cycle
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Commercial Manager (CM) - Gas Simple / Combine Cycle will drive functional and operational Commercial Intensity and Policy 5.0 rigor for assigned deal opportunities. The Commercial Manager - Gas Simple / Combine Cycle will manage the quoting, proposal generation, contract negotiation, and ITO (Inquiry to Order) - OTR (Order to Remittance) turnover processes for all assigned deal opportunities of the assigned segment and sub - region.
As the Commercial Manager - Gas Simple / Combine Cycle, you will:
* Be responsible for work that is less defined in scope and have the understanding and experience to execute business objectives
* Be involved in short - term and long - term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy
* Work as a key member of the region and/or sub-region Inquiry To Order (ITO) team in support of achieving the region's and/or sub-region's commitments, orders, sales, cash, operating profit, and margin targets for the applicable segment
* Work with the region and/or sub-region Sales, Operations, and functional teams, lead the ITO proposal generation and contract formation process for high complexity / value projects across the segment with the intent of developing winning strategies to leverage successful deal closures while ensuring compliance with established guidelines for the Policy 5.0 risk management process, the advance release process
* Actively participate in and/or lead commercial and technical meetings and contract negotiations with customers
* Be responsible for effectively driving the proposal and contract ITO processes to develop scope, cost, risk, and market / value pricing strategy for an assigned deal opportunity to provide technical and commercial solutions meeting both customer and GE's requirements and business goals
* Collaborate with the respective sales, operations, and other functional teams during the deal development and review process to ensure that all technical risk points, risk mitigation, and business risk acceptance levels are properly incorporated into the development of the opportunity scope, cost, strategy, and actual proposal / contract language
* Prepare and lead the HQ/Regional/Sub-Regional/Deal Team Policy 5.0 review process in co-ordination with the applicable Commercial Director, subject matter experts, approvers, and functional teams
* Be responsible for driving and coordinating ITO process compliance and metrics across assigned deal opportunities with special emphasis on Policy 5.0 requirements, proposal and contract completeness, timeliness, and quality, and the effectiveness and efficiency of the ITO - OTR handover process
* Drive proposal throughput, yield, cost, efficiency, and individual productivity.
* Continuously seek to refine ITO processes across the business segment, with special emphasis on simplification opportunities to drive speed, waste reduction, and commercial intensity
* Lead / champion region simplification projects to improve the ITO process. Represent Regional Commercial Ops team in support of Regional and Global driven workouts
* Ensure process adherence to all government - contracting requirements with minimal support from GE legal resources
* Be responsible for exercising Commercial Manager deviation and signature authority within the parameters of the Power Services Policy 5.0 Process and Signature Authority Matrix
* Enforce order-booking requirements and drive an improved OTR turnover process to ensure proper control of contract flow - down requirements
* Be responsible for reducing cost - of - quality issues arising from inaccurate or poor scope definition, costing, or contract drafting during the ITO process and inadequate handovers during the ITO - OTR handover and advance release process for assigned deal opportunities
* Be responsible for developing personal commercial, and technical skill sets to enable further personal ITO processes empowerment, simplification, and speed. Mentor new Commercial & Sales Managers/Commercial Leadership Program members on the ITO processes during their rotations with Commercial Operations
* Help develop and present training to fellow commercial managers on relevant business subjects or processes
* Be responsible for ITO Metrics
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Technical Field or equivalent discipline from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Sales / Commercial Operations
* Minimum of 3 years of experience within the Power Generation and/or Energy Industry
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Minimum of 3 years of Commercial experience with Alstom / oOEM Gas Turbine Outages and Upgrade service solutions in the Power Generation and/or Energy Industry
* Greenbelt certification (GE Employees Only)
* Experience within Transactional Services businesses
* Experience managing large complex deals with multi - functional interactions
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple individual and team responsibilities for multiple complex projects
* Capability to communicate with high - level management
* Excellent technical and/or commercial writing and reading comprehension skills
* Multi language (English/others)
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.