Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Commercial Manager, Global Support
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Ramon, Boston
As the Global Support Delivery Leader, you will report to the Global Delivery Support Leader and be responsible to create strong working relationships & influence across product lines, customers, and other functional groups to execute the strategy within GE Digital, across GE businesses, partners and customers.
* Partner with Senior commercial, product, + technical leadership to develop a common Service Level Agreement for GE's $5B global Digital business.
* Drive common service level agreements for the Customer Support function across the global GE Digital + business franchise. This is inclusive of support for Partners participating in the GE Digital / software ecosystem.
* Successfully partner with commercial leadership across GE to embed Software SLAs in all Predix platform + application deals to ensure consistent customer experience and service level across the company.
* Collaborate with business and region learning leaders and work with functional training owners and HR to drive training on Support offerings / SLAs across the company.
* Establish processes to understand, track, and serve deviations from standard terms + conditions on service levels.
* Develop a robust, world-class customer and external partner onboarding program.
* Be part of a team to design the development and implementation of enterprise solutions support strategy.
* Successfully represent GE (internally and externally) at both a strategic and tactical levels including but not limited to sharing the GE strategy regarding the Industrial Internet, as well as participating in and/or leading customer calls.
* Provide thoughtful leadership, strategic insight and clear communication (both written and verbal) to the team.
* Effectively lead through influence and comfortable in a matrixed environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in technical majors.
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in industry.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in technical & customer facing roles with proven track record.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
* 30-50% of the time to travel within US and globally.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* MBA preferred
* Sets or changes direction at the enterprise level by building and using direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas and leverages chains of indirect influence.
* Develops acceptable strategies to mitigate risks triggered in RFP's and/or customers' T&Cs while meeting GE business objectives.
* Sells and improves the Global Support process, its outcome and ongoing results.
* Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions.
* Identifies and coordinates owners, sponsors, timelines, actions and deliverables across P&Ls and functions.
* Adeptly manages emotions and the negotiations process by identifying customer needs over wants
* Places personal credibility and reputation on the line to passionately advocate for what they believe in.
* Effectively manages risk and uncertainty for self and team. Makes decisions with confidence when problems or solutions are not 100% defined.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.