Accountable for assessing complex business scenarios that require critical thinking, continuous learning and comprehension of intricate business and legal language. Draft, analyze and execute commercial market access agreements including Service Agreement, Specialty Distribution, Specialty Pharmacy, PBM, Payor, Medicare Part D, Group Purchasing Organizations, etc. to ensure the agreements meet business, legal, regulatory and operational requirements. Additionally, the role requires a high retention of biotech, specialty pharmaceuticals and payor managed market knowledge with ongoing learning to gain an in depth understanding of the dynamic biotech and pharmaceutical market access landscape.
1. Commercial Contract Management. Accountable for timely accurate analytical review of assigned documents ensuring the necessary language is included to clarify the intent of the parties and protect Shire from future disputes and unintentional liability. Draft multiple types of documents such as offers, amendments, correspondence and potential new language relating to the commercial agreements. Ensure compliance in government pricing, written communication, and full adherence to the SOX Act. (60%)
2. Relationship Management. Collaborate with the government market access team to ensure the agreements are compliant and do not create any unintended penalties or liability to other commercial or government accounts. Collaborate with contracting team to evaluate the agreements and provide any action plan needed to protect Shire from any new or newly interpreted liabilities or concerns. Establish cross-functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the agreements are operational, functional, and interpreted accurately for timely implementation with the accounts. (20%)
3. Market Access Support. Responsible for assigned accounts, account expert for Markets Access regarding contractual matters and negotiation concerns. Responsible for accurately tracking all existing contract and in negotiations terms for the accrual, forecast, management and government calculations reporting on a daily basis. Collaborate to solve complex problems and potential future concerns. (20%)
4. Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Three (3) years' experience in healthcare payor, pharmaceutical and/or biotech environment or
• Paralegal Certificate preferred
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies: \\
• High degree of organizational and critical thinking skills
• Sound judgment and quality decision making skills
• Comprehension of legal documents with complex business and legal language
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to apply knowledge learned to future situations
• Sound knowledge of contract formation, practices and regulations
• Manage multiple tasks and objectives in a high volume business setting.
• Prioritizes daily activities with an ability to handle interruptions and react quickly to tight deadlines
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to interface with all levels and functions within the organization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with Business Objects a plus.
Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.