Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Commercial Operations Manager, Deal Execution
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
District Of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Responsible for providing all aspects of contract management & proposal development for GE Digital Software solutions. Requires pre-qualification of opportunities, interaction with sales & services leadership, customers, channel, & other cross-functional business teams. Must have a demonstrated track record of delivering high quality commercial proposals through creating solution architectures & recommendations & drafting contracts with respect to both commercial & legal terms.
* Primarily responsible for managing complete lifecycle and development of deal execution process including on-time delivery of high quality solutions & proposals aligned with customer outcomes and business profitability / risk profiles; this may include, but is not limited to - request for proposal reviews, bid planning, risk reviews, solution estimates & pricing, deal analytics / reviews, 3rd party coordination & negotiations, technical architecture, documentation, and analysis of terms & conditions.
* Lead and drive deal team to develop bid requirements related to technical, financial, and commercial inputs to support strategy development and risk management.
* Manage customer specification review, proposal development, contract development and negotiations, including complex software sales and service agreements.
* Act as a liaison between Sales Managers, Solution Consultants, Product Managers, & Services to identify common architectures, value pricing & estimation concepts.
* Participate in Customer negotiations from both functional/technical and commercial perspectives.
* Review Customer Purchase Orders to Ensure Compliance with Approved Price Levels, Terms and Cycle commitments to coordinate Hand off to Project Execution teams.
* Accountable for the development and continuous evolution of contract templates and framework agreements.
* Use SalesForce.com to manage proposal workflow & develop pipeline forecasts.
* Lead communications at all organizational levels including leading deal reviews with senior and executive leadership.
* Provide continuous improvement of solutions lifecycle processes & methodologies.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
* Minimum of 5 years of commercial or technical experience, preferably with commercial management, application engineering.
* Minimum of 2 years of technical solution architecting experience.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in anywhere in the US in a home office or GE location.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Knowledge of / background in software and expertise in targeted industries such as Oil & Gas, Asset Monitoring, Discrete, Mining, Advanced Analytics, Remote Monitoring, to name a few.
* Prior experience in sales, field services, commercial finance, contract negotiation and execution.
* Prior experience with contract drafting - managing both commercial and legal terms within a customer agreement.
* Strong project management skills.
* Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
* Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
* Strong integrity & demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for strengthening overall commercial compliancy & reduce risk in commercial proposal processes.
* Highly organized, driven self-starter with ability to operate independently.
* Strong problem solving skills and decision making ability.
* Able to thrive in a matrix organization.
* Ability to lead and influence cross functionally.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.