About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description The Commercial Portfolio Loan Specialist is responsible for administering and monitoring a Commercial Construction loan portfolio. The job assesses and maintains compliance with loan documentation and Commercial Construction loan Credit Standards to manage the Banks construction risk during the construction process. Job Requirements • Responsible for the management and overall administration of a portfolio of commercial construction loans beginning at the pre-closing phase thru project completion
• Serves as a resource to the Line of Business and Credit Risk Officers in regards to TD Construction Loan Credit Standards, policies and procedures. Provides high-quality internal and external customer service and support with the ability to handle large complex and high profile projects. Assists with inquires, research and problem resolution for the Line of Business and the customer.
• Works closely with the Line of Business, Borrower and CLS team during the pre-closing process. Reviews all construction documentation for conformity to the TD Credit standards for construction loans. Contributes to establishing a detailed project budget and balanced sources and uses. Interprets complex credit policies, legal and title requirements and regulatory guidelines to ensure loan documents meet applicable standards from preparation through execution. Reviews and approves all closing disbursements.
• Analyzes requests for funding against established budgets, sources and uses, and identifies any exceptions. Reviews all advance request documentation in detail against approved controls, including AIA's, inspection reports, lien waivers and soft cost invoices. Is relied on to make recommendations for funding as well as hold backs, based on knowledge of the project and TD Bank construction policies.
• Maintains a balance between project costs and funding sources, ensuring the Banks risk is mitigated
• Reviews Inspection reports for accuracy and completeness of information provided. Follows up with external engineer and TD Bank Engineering Dept. to make recommendations and resolve any issues or exceptions noted. Keeps Line of Business abreast of status of the project and any issues.
• Maintains internal record keeping of loan disbursements and project progress through input to TD Bank's construction monitoring system. Ensures the accuracy and maintenance of customer records and files. Coordinates processing of advances and repayments for the project.
• Develops understanding of commercial products and services, understands and ensures adherence to Company guidelines, policies and procedures regarding construction loans. Maintains a general overall knowledge of the construction lending industry and a detailed understanding of appropriate regulations and guidelines. Qualifications • Bachelor's degree (accounting/finance preferred) or work experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree required
• 3-5 years related experience required, preferably in Construction Administration or Commercial /Real Estate Lending or Credit Management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer services skills for both internal and external customers.
• Ability to review and identify issues as well as make educated recommendations for resolution within scope of their authority.
• Aptitude for analysis, systems and mathematics
• Attention to detail with the ability to prioritize in a high volume environment.
• PC proficient with strong Excel skills. Hours 8:30-5:00 Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey City (Primary) Cherry Hill
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.