We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary: Internal job code USFPG08 -Principal IT Consultant
This highly visible senior level role will drive the strategy, vision, high-level solutions, and roadmaps for transition and target state architectures within the Commercial Insurance channel. The resource will provide technology guidance that aligns with the overall Commercial business strategies. The resource will provide leadership on strategic initiatives either by delivering architectural solutions based on business requirements or through developing strategic roadmaps based on business strategy. They will consult executives and management on details within the solution design providing justification, guidance and thought leadership. They will analyze existing systems and make recommendations to enhance, replace, or retire with new or improved processes, technologies, or platforms. They will research areas of the company operations were problems in methods, practices, and procedures exist to develop recommendations in the areas of build versus buy, cloud versus on-premise, and manual versus automated solutions. It is essential that the individual is well-rounded in the latest digital technologies and possesses unbiased direction, guidance, and influence in recommending best in breed digital technologies to meet the business requirements. .
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Provides technical and business architecture leadership within the Commercial IT organization.
- Contributes to strategic, operational, and tactical plans that are aligned with the corporate mission.
- P erform the lead role in the execution of software evaluations, development of architecture impact analysis, delivery of system design documents and proposals of many different types.
- L ead role in the preparation and evaluation of complex work plans and proposals.
- Technical architecture role that leads the analysis and development of strategic plans involving multiple technical architectures at the enterprise level.
- Formulates standards and guidelines for assigned area.
- Evaluates and implements continuous improvement activities.
- Deals with diverse problems or activities in related functions.
- Provides consultation and direction to senior management on impact of major policy, procedures, or program change.
- Responsible for translating client business requirements into architectural solution designs.
- Responsible for a wide range of design activities from requirement analysis through systems, applications and/or process design specification.
- Demonstrates and has expert knowledge of multiple methodologies, strategic planning, information engineering focus expertise, advanced technology development at the enterprise level, and formal facilitation skills (Joint Application Review/Development).
- Requires knowledge across multiple platforms, processes and architectures, as well as broad knowledge of existing and new technologies in the areas of SOA, iPaas, SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required; role is highly visible to executive leadership.
- Working knowledge/experience with architectural principles and concepts is required.
- Ex Expertise in the evaluation, selection, integration, and implementation of 3rd party packaged software.
- Background in data architecture, data governance, and business process management.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise SOA concepts, process and service design.
- Knowledge of modern iPaaS platforms, API Management and Architectures, and Micro-Service Architectures.
- Background in application development with experience in defining, development and implementing policy administration custom applications, software packages, and 3rd party SaaS offerings highly preferred.
- Develop System Architectural Design documentation with formal presentations to the Architecture Review Board (ARB).
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, operational libraries such as ITIL and controls practices such as COBIT.
- Strong background in P&C or Business Insurance process and administration systems is a plus.
- Prior experience with business transformation is required. Specialization in the area of P&C or Commercial Insurance is a plus.
- Working knowledge of P&C or Business Insurance processing, functions, and rules is a plus.
- Prior hands-on experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of Pega and Pega CRM at an architectural and business workflow level a plus.
- Ability to work with IT and Business executives to develop tactical and strategic business process, system evolution, and architectural roadmaps..
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Force.com, Heroku platforms and architectures is a plus.
- Knowledge of IBM IAA or ACORD canonical model is a plus.
- TOGAF certification is a plus.
Four year college degree or 15+ years equivalent industry knowledge, MBA/MIS a plus. Experience Requirements:
7+ years of experience in a similar lead role. Physical Actions:
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum. Physical Environment:
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment. An Equal Opportunity Employer
A little about us: