We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Assists and supports product management in the review, implementation, update and communication of commercial insurance products. Performs analyses using data manipulation and statistical methods to develop strategies and tactics that support revenue growth and profitability. Co-operates and interacts with other internal units. Depending on level of experience may act as a mentor for less experienced analysts. Essential Job Functions
Depending on entry level:
Physical Actions Physical Environment
- Assists the product manager in developing new products by researching, obtaining and evaluating information that supports revenue growth and profitability; performs primary field research, including customer, distribution, competitor, insurance department and market surveys.
- Analyzes information using data manipulation and correlation; creates reports to assist the product manager.
- Creates Business Requirements documents to meet programming specifications; sends complete forms to Operations ; ensures timeliness, accuracy and approvals are met per the release schedule.
- Writes Breaking News Bulletins to communicate releases; responsible for ensuring the Agency dashboard reflects current information for assigned products and advises Commercial Wholesalers and Commercial Service Centers of upcoming product changes.
- Reviews Commercial systems processing and recommends design changes to improve processing or incorporate coverage/underwriting rule changes.
- Provides assistance to Home Office and Service Center commercial departments regarding rating methodology and systems processing.
- Handles to completion Service Center correspondence, including defect inquiries and telephone calls; routes as necessary to other departments and follows up to ensure timely completion.
- Assists in preparation of documents for regulatory filing material; measures and monitors state filings.
- Represents the Product Manager in his/her absence; conducts meetings, leads projects and responsible for overseeing product development of assigned initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum. Required job duties include sedentary work as well as some or all of the following physical activities; lifting and/or carrying 40-lbs (suitcases, projectors, handouts, laptop computer, etc.), seeing, speaking, hearing, and occasional operation of a motor vehicle. Education Requirements
Four Year College Degree or significant relevant experience. Experience Requirements
One or more years prior analytical work experience preferred. Special Skill Requirement
Must be detail oriented and accurate with demonstrated organizational skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills required. Ability to perform general mathematical calculations, be able to work in a fast paced team environment and have a consistent commitment to excellence. Analytical thinking skills required to make timely appropriate decisions and recommendations after reviewing all relevant information.
Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function. Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: