Commercial Product Specialist
What you will do
Under general direction, provides sales and technical support for Branch salespersons, which includes job take-offs, application engineering, and technical assistance to Branch employees and customers. Assists sales with reactive sales phone coverage for various customers including architects, engineers, developers, builders, National Accounts, and utilities.
How you will do it
• Provides selling support through technical assistance to co-workers, customers, and others who may influence the purchase decision.
• Performs take-offs and coordinating jobs for bid to increase sales and decrease duplication of work.
• Utilizing system databases, provides project pricing and estimates.
• Responds to calls to architects, engineers, builders, developers, utilities, and national accounts as directed by the Sales Manager.
• Provides technical assistance or information for favorable product specification. Effectively promotes commercial third party products, influencing the purchase decision.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
What we look for
Bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline preferred. Minimum of two to four years of HVAC industry experience required, including technical school classes. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of air conditioning with specific knowledge of Commercial Product lines required. Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and sales skills is critical. Possesses good computer skills and working knowledge of Excel Spreadsheet analysis.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.