Plaza Of Americas (31012), United States of America, Dallas, Texas
Commercial Real Estate- Architectural/Structural Engineer Associate Manager
This person will be responsible for all real estate construction loan technical services for the division. This includes the review and approval of plans, specifications, construction budgets, schedules, contracts and reports. Also, performs construction inspections when necessary or requested. Qualifies and engages outside consultants to perform Pre-Closing Analysis and construction monitoring inspections. Manage and review outside consultant’s work.
The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring that the construction loan is properly monitored with respect to the actual cost, physical construction, and anticipated completion of project. Responsible for ensuring the adequacy of project construction inspections which are a key element in protecting the bank's construction loan assets.
- Review project plans, specifications, construction agreements. construction cost budgets, and project schedules as required under the terms of our construction loan commitments, as a key element in the loan closing and disbursement process. Analyze risks to the Bank and recommend mitigants to risks.
- Perform occasional field inspections of work in process on construction loans when required or requested. Attend progress meeting with outside consultants, developers, and contractors.
- Review outside inspector's reports for completeness and accuracy, and compliance with Capital One’s requirements. Work closely with Construction Loan Administration and Portfolio Management in monitoring the construction loan. Make recommendations for funding, review and provide recommendations as to budget and schedule adequacy
- Attend Real Estate/Portfolio Management Construction Meetings. Present project status and issues to credit.
- Provide the monthly status report on construction loans to the Real Estate Department Manager.
- Inspect properties representing collateral on construction loans in conjunction with annual credit reviews to provide a check of the physical condition of collateral. Occasionally perform annual reviews/inspections on real estate collateral for term loans
- Qualify, hire, and manage work products of specific outside consultants authorized to perform construction and inspection services for the Bank.
- Perform other functions to include but not limited to reviews of Property Condition Assessments, Seismic Risk Assessments and Planning and Zoning reports related to term and construction loans.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering (civil or structural), or construction management.
- At least 3 years experience within the architectural/engineering, construction, construction management, or commercial real estate development industry or relevant construction related experience.
- Exposure to the Banking industry, financial institutions, or other institutions engaged directly in commercial real estate transactions and construction.
- Registered Architect or Professional Engineer preferred
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.