Commercial Rebate Analyst II - Contract management including data validation, verification of contract compliance, rebate processing, and payment analysis to protect Shire from revenue leakage. Function as a rebate data subject matter expert to ensure data completeness and accuracy for payment, reporting, and analytical purposes. Responsible for identifying, analyzing and solving data or process problems related to Shire's contract management systems and reporting tools. Maintain a current knowledge of Account activities and assist with any decisions and changes required to adapt to business needs. Research and document operational and system changes to ensure knowledge transfer. Create operational reports and conduct data analysis.
1. Responsible for accurate and on-time Commercial rebate payments and claims validations for all assigned accounts. This includes the reprocessing of disputed claims and other adjustments as necessary. (30%)
2. Responsible for reviewing account formulary position and any other contract eligibility requirements as dictated by the Agreement. Take ownership of resolution and/or communication of non-compliance to appropriate stakeholders. (15%)
3. Function as a subject matter expert and technical resource on all commercial rebating systems and reporting tools including Validata, CARS IS and Business Objects. Provide coaching to and troubleshoot issues encountered by the rebate analyst team. Escalate technical issues as appropriate to ensure quick resolution. (10%)
4. Ensure that all contract terms and amendments are accurately reflected in CARS/IS for compliant rebate adjudication. Responsible for reviewing the accuracy of claims data, rebate payments and identification of changes within payment trends. (10%)
5. Assist the commercial rebate team in researching and analysis into commercial contract performance. Assist in the identification and development of information and process requirements; assist in the development of new operational reporting and analytics. (10%)
6. Understand key business issues and respond with appropriate information and analysis. Provide support for cross-functional activities such as contract analysis, contract performance reviews, and compliance ensuring data quality and accuracy. Facilitate responses to non-routine situations and events; consult with managers and key stakeholders to make well-informed decisions. (5%)
7. Compliance with all financial and management controls for accuracy and accountability. (5%)
8. Follow all processes and procedures and be responsible for identifying and facilitating process improvement and business practices. (5%)
9. Remains flexible and adaptive to changing business requirements and processes. Works collaboratively with the team to accomplish departmental goals. (3%)
10. Work with Stakeholders to address data issues and requirements for the fulfillment of contract obligations and audit. (2%)
11. Develop and maintain appropriate documentation and controls around processes, business rules and user guides for information transfer and training. Be prepared to train and present information and data as needed. (3%)
12. Provide support and information for special projects such as system upgrades, process changes, testing, system implementations etc. Facilitate discussions around workload management. (1%)
13. Responsible for posting management reports to the Corporate Accounts portal and respond to questions from the Account Directors. (1%)
- Bachelors Degree or 5 years experience working with contracts
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment requiring excellent communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex data issues with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage competing priorities; must be able to manage workload to deadlines.
- Ability to understand and utilize complex transaction and reporting systems.
- Technical ability to understand underlying data structures and create customer reports to answer business questions.
- Competency with Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills.
1. Ability to work in a fast paced team environment requiring excellent communication skills.
2. Ability to solve complex data issues with attention to detail.
3. Ability to manage competing priorities; must be able to manage workload to deadlines.
4. Ability to understand and utilize complex transaction and reporting systems.
5. Technical ability to understand underlying data structures and create customer reports to answer business questions.
6. Competency with Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills.
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.