We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Essential Job Functions
- The Commercial Auto Regional Product Manager is responsible for developing long and short term business plans for assigned products and territories by working with corresponding State Executives and Line of Business Heads.
- Besides overseeing the profits/losses for the commercial auto line of business, incumbent is responsible for directing the development of pricing and contract changes, creating and implementing new products, as well as establishing and recommending operations, service, claims, and market standards.
- Additional responsibilities include, partnering with IT to plan system changes and develop requirements, managing the research, analysis, and design phases performed in the creation and management of products, communicating with regulators on complex filing issues and negotiating as well as setting priorities to align product goals. Also recruits, trains, directs, and develops staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for researching and analyzing state and line of business specifications to ensure rate plans meet governmental as well as company requirements.
- Also works with various departments, organizations, and regulatory agencies to ensure company adherence to rules and regulations.
- Oversees strategic development for the commercial auto line of business including but not limited to rating & segmentation improvements, exploration & management of 3 rd party data sources, and advancement of the agent experience while monitoring and reacting to industry trends.
- Partners with multiple cross functional groups (Underwriting, Distribution, IT, Claims, Government Affairs, etc.) to develop competitive products, build expertise and communicate product changes throughout the organization.
- Works closely with IT to ensure various systems and field changes are updated and implemented.
- Supervises assigned personnel and provides job related guidance, supervision, and training of staff.
- May act as lead on various projects relating to product and rate planning.
Four Year College Degree MBA/Advanced Degree or advanced insurance designation, such as CPCU, preferred Experience Requirements
Special Skill Requirement
- Previous product management and/or product development experience within the insurance industry.
- Must be technically proficient in all aspects of P&C insurance products including pricing, coverage, rating plans, and market knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals at various levels.
- Highly collaborative working style with demonstrated commitments to meeting team goals.
- Experience managing numerous tasks and projects simultaneously and navigate ambiguity while taking direction and offering input.
- High level of detail orientation and strong analytical ability preferred.
- Demonstrated conflict management experience with ability to function in adversarial or confrontational situations.
Proven creative problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to make sound, thorough, independent judgment decisions Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: