Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The Tyco Integrated Security Commercial Sales Manager is the leader of the commercial sales team in one of TycoIS' field offices. This role is responsible for building a team of highly productive sales representatives that can meet and exceed revenue expectations, as well as the needs of our existing and potential customers. The Commercial Sales Manager is responsible to drive TycoIS' Corporate Sales and Marketing initiatives through the territories for which they are responsible. These include business and customer development, territory management, data mining, professional presentation and product sales. Additionally, this individual is responsible for job and channel profitability, revenue per user ("RPU") growth of our customers, and retention of both customers and sales representatives. This position requires a strong, principle centered leader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model and champion TycoIS values. Create a safe environment for the discussion and resolution of values-related issues and concerns.
- Plan, coordinate and implement Commercial sales operations. This would include business and customer development and territory management.
- Attain budgeted revenue expectations. Assure the profitability of the channel is met.
- Build and retain an effective team of sales representatives. Lead, coach and motivate team to achieve pre-established goals.
- Set sales territory expectations for each of TycoIS' sales representatives including customer touch expectations, as well as quota achievement. Direct territory activities of sales staff.
- Measure the activities of each sales representative to assure that their marketing activities will produce intended sales production.
- Implement and execute the company's marketing strategy and business plans.
- Work in concert with other department and business segment leaders to assure congruence with sales operations, representing the voice of the department, the customer and the interests of the sales team.
- Work with National Account Managers to secure National Account business.
- College Degree in Business, Marketing or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience, including 3 years of field sales management experience in a business to business environment, or successful management of another sales channel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with internal organization and customer organizations both at the senior executive and field level
- Functional/Technical Skills in leading a sales organization
- Action Oriented
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Managing & Measuring Work
- Customer Focus
- Building Effective Teams
- Motivating Others
- Organizational Agility
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Conflict Management
- Learning/Change Agility
- Managing Vision & Purpose
- Conflict Management
- Managerial Courage
- Managing Diversity
- Developing Direct Reports & Others
- Ability to travel nights and weekends to accommodate the customer's agenda
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale .
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.