Commercial Sales Manager
Plans, directs, and controls the sales activities of the organization's national sales programs to increase revenue from specified accounts within a specific key metro area's within the region through new account acquisition. Develops strategic selling initiatives for the organization's products and services to maximize profitability and market share. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, target, and successfully acquire new accounts within the defined market segment, primarily fortune 1000 companies that spend between $50,000 and $250,000 annually on car rental.
- Identify, target, and prospect potential accounts. Develop a strategic assessment of their organizational structure including key decision makers, hot buttons, pain points, and critical initiatives. Develop a strategic timeline and organized plan to acquire the business.
- Plan and executes effective strategies to develop relationships with key stakeholders in target accounts, typically at various levels including senior management and executive.
- Engages key stakeholders to present Avis Budget Group at different levels of the target customer organization outside of the Request For Proposal (RFP) process and parameters in order to establish position relative to competition before bid comes to market.
- Develop key relationships with accounts to maximize potential opportunities, identify customer needs and priorities, and further develop the company's B2B sales initiatives.
- Conducts tailored sales presentations ranging from an initial introduction to a best in class RFP pitch to win the business.
- Conduct negotiations to reach agreements on commercial contracts.
- Share best practices learned on competitive accounts with ABG operational and sales leadership to support the opportunity for creation of new operations and/or sales opportunities.
- Attend trade-shows and conferences with the purpose of finding new account contacts and leads.
This position does not have formal supervision responsibilities.
Qualifications(may vary by level)
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a sales or marketing function.
- Strong track record of proven sales performance and driving new account acquisition.
- Background in working with Fortune 1000 companies with formal procurement processes governing RFP processes.
- Experience working with and engaging accountable executives within an organization to garner influence above and beyond the RFP stakeholders.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong networking and external networking and collaborative skills.
- Proven track record in sales negotiations and closing skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the strategic approach to articulating value proposition.
- Strong sales planning and execution skills.
- Thorough knowledge of consultative selling techniques.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong pipeline management skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and in teams.
Moderate Travel is required.
Disclaimer Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. Offers of employment will be made by Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC or any of its employing companies or brands, including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck or AB Car Rental Services. Candidates must meet all basic qualifications and submit a complete application to be considered for this position. This posting serves as an advertisement of an existing open position only and does not qualify as the job description.
A little about us: