Commercial Sales Strategy and Transformation Director *– Austin, TX*
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Commercial Sales Strategy and Transformation Director to join our team in Austin, Texas.
Dell's Commercial Sales Strategy and Transformation is seeking exceptional leaders and forward-thinkers to help us continue the transformation of the Commercial Sales organization. Dell’s Commercial Sales organization of 15k sellers and partners are responsible for delivering >$40B of revenue. We are a small team who works closely with the Commercial Sales leadership team, and who collaborates across business units and functions to develop and implement solutions which deliver tangible results.
As a key member of the Commercial Sales Strategy and Transformation team, you will be a partner to internal clients. You will be a key part of a team leading projects to tackle issues and opportunities identified by the Commercial Sales leadership team. You will lead analyses, deliver insights, provide actionable/practical recommendations, and drive implementation to transform Dell.
In the role, you will work on highly complex problems; provide insight into the issues and challenges which are forefront in the minds of the leadership team; gain exposure to senior-level decision-making; and establish relationships across all areas of the company.
- 7 years’ experience, including at least 3 years of strategy or consulting experience in a leading technology company or consulting firm
- MBA or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency leading and managing teams
- Very strong understanding of business strategies and drivers, particularly in a sales organization
- Ability to effectively work and influence at all levels of the organization, particularly at the VP/SVP level
- Drive for results and ability to learn on the fly with flexibility to quickly adapt to new challenges
- Ability to effectively work at all levels of the organization
- Prefer experience in client and enterprise hardware
- Outstanding problem solving and quantitative analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-direction and motivation, and ability to operate independently
- Proficiency in using Microsoft tools including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers
**Job:** **Corporate Development and Strategy*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Commercial Sales Strategy and Transformation Director – Austin, TX*
**Requisition ID:** *160011A2*