An Installation Technician is a seasoned commercial systems installer. Installs, services, configures and programs complex systems involving multiple special devices. Provides remote technical support to core commercial installers. May manage installation teams on larger projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Qualifications: Education:
- Installs appropriate devices; dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or the company.
- Conducts service calls and prewires job sites
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
- Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
- Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
- Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures. Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service. Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- May manage installation teams on larger projects.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 10 year's experience installing and inspecting/repairing Tyco Integrated Security or comparable product line.
- Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to unload ladder from fleet vehicle and climb ladder.
- Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of JCI, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale. Johnson Controls is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.