Job Description What you will do:
A Johnson Controls Technician is a troubleshooter and service expert. Alleviates concerns the customer may have regarding a security system. Advises customers and the Customer Monitoring Center (CMC) of the status of the systems and processes of inspections.
How you will do it:
What we look for:
- Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged equipment or wiring.
- Readjust equipment, repair or replace inoperative equipment and test for operation.
- Read blueprints, building and electrical plans in order to complete equipment repairs.
- Prepare trouble order forms to report temporary repairs.
- Coordinate inspections and/or installations with police, fire departments, or other appropriate agencies.
- Performs inspections of security, close circuit television, Access Control and fire alarm systems based on NFBA, Local codes and contract requirements.
- Assists service technicians with system repairs and completes minor repairs including battery replacement.
- Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service connectivity.
- Complete all forms accurately such as the NFPA 72, TycoIS and customer paperwork as required.
- Manage and schedule daily, weekly and monthly contracted inspections as assigned to ensure monthly inspections are completed as scheduled for the calendar month.
Minimum 1-10 years experience installing and inspecting/repairing Security system product line. Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Valid and acceptable NC state driver's license
Who we are
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to use laptop (excel, word, outlook)
- NICET Certified preferred
- Networking background preferred
- Technical certification a Plus
- 2 years field experience
- NICET Certification Preferred and ability to obtain a NC ASLB Certification.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com .