Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is the world's largest pure-play fire and security company. Johnson Controls provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A $30+ billion company, Johnson Controls has more than 117,000 employees in 2,000 locations in nearly 150+ countries serving the world's most demanding environments, including banking and financial services, oil and gas, marine, government, healthcare, retail, home security, transportation and commercial and industrial. More information on Johnson Controls can be found at www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter Scott Safety
is a premier manufacturer of innovative respiratory and personal protective equipment and safety devices for firefighters, industrial workers, police squads, militaries, homeland security forces, and rescue teams around the world. With five global manufacturing locations, Scott products protect thousands of individuals each day from environmental hazards including smoke, toxic fumes, combustible gases, falling objects, and contaminants. The Scott product line includes self-contained breathing apparatus, supplied air and air-purifying respirators, PPE, gas detection instruments, thermal imaging cameras, and firefighter locators.
Service Technicians will be required to perform all repairs to Scott Health and Safety products in accordance with prescribed inspection, repair, and maintenance procedures. They will interface with customers through direct, telephone, and e-mail contact. Working as a team they will ensure Total Customer Satisfaction including but not limited to quality of workmanship and thorough inspection, repair, maintenance, and service turnaround time within prescribed measures. Job Duties:
Job Qualifications: Required
- Must successfully complete training in the complete repair of Scott Products, including use of appropriate tools and test equipment.
- Conduct evaluations of returned products to determine what corrective actions and parts are needed for products to operate within original manufacturing specifications.
- Research technician manuals, guides, bulletins, and instruction manuals to determine corrective actions required on returned products.
- Must be familiar with State and Federal rules and regulations as they pertain to respiratory protective equipment returned for servicing.
- Provide written analysis of repairs done to returned equipment to include repair actions and parts requiring replacement.
- Must become knowledgeable in the use of Scott specified test equipment and procedures to ensure equipment operation within original manufacturing specifications.
- Effectively communicate with other team members and supervisory personnel on repair projects and potential issues.
- Must conduct service work in accordance with prescribed receiving, internal tracking, and return procedures as directed by Service Center Manager.
- Participate in special projects at the direction of management.
: High School Diploma; knowledge in the use of various hand tools.Preferred
: Associates Degree with emphasis of electrical or mechanical background. Two years of experience working in a Scott Authorized Service Center.Interpersonal Skill Requirements:
- Must communicate effectively with other team employees as needed.
- Must exhibit a "Can Do" and "Want to Do" attitude of flexibility.
- Must be positive working in a team environment assisting in the overall success of the service team.
- Will be required to participate in problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Must be willing to help others.
Johnson Controls is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future. Diversity and inclusion are key drivers to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees. EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
Johnson Controls offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(k) with company match.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.