Commercial Underwriter I- Newport Beach, CA
The incumbent, under the direction of a senior underwriter, is responsible for evaluating commercial loan applications for new loan facilities, as well as for processing loan renewals and extensions, all in accordance with business unit standards. Additional scope of responsibilities includes performing due diligence and gathering information as necessary to make sound lending decisions. The incumbent will also perform other duties, as necessary, to support the goals and objectives of the Commercial Lending area and the line of business unit.
• Work with a senior underwriter in the preparation of property level pro forma cash flow statements and in the development of property valuations to properly size loan requests.
• Obtain appropriate market information to support the proposed loan.
• Collaborate with a senior underwriter to review and analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow statements of Borrowers and Guarantors.
• Develop familiarity with all lending policies and procedures of the Bank and the respective Line of Business.
• Assist senior underwriter in the preparation of the written credit approval memoranda and ancillary forms.
• Partner with Loan Administration and outside counsel in the review of loan documentation to ensure documents meet agreed-upon business terms and satisfy the specific requirements of the credit approval authority.
• Develop familiarity with the Bank’s Dual Risk Rating system to fully understand and be able to determine proper risk ratings for loan facilities.
• Develop familiarity with various bank products that are offered and how they interface with the sales goals and objectives of the business line.
• Collaborate with a senior underwriter in developing an open dialogue and strong working relationship with Risk Management, Loan Administration, Special Assets Department and other groups that support and review the line of business.
• Develop familiarity with all bank compliance regulatory policies and procedures
• Accompany senior underwriters in performing site due diligence, as applicable.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience.
• Experience in Microsoft Office.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance.
• 2 years of in commercial banking or related financial industry.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position