Commercial Underwriter II - Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan - Boston, MA
The candidate is responsible for analyzing, interpreting and underwriting complex multifamily real estate transactions in compliance with agency (Freddie Mac) guidelines. Additional scope of responsibilities includes performing due diligence and gathering information as necessary to make sound lending decisions. The candidate will also perform other duties as necessary to support the goals and objectives of the department.
· Analyze, interpret and underwrite complex multifamily real estate transactions in compliance with respective agency guidelines (Freddie Mac).
· Conduct detailed economic and demographic research to determine feasibility of transactions.
· Prepare and present comprehensive loan approval package to credit committee.
· Fully understand the procedural aspect of underwriting Agency Loans from application to delivery and can accurately detail this to stakeholders within the deal team.
· Conduct comprehensive inspections of physical real estate assets on an as needed basis.
· Able to manage analyst\sr. analyst for increased capacity and development of staff to underwriter levels.
· Interpret Agency product sheets.
· Review and provide written analysis of financial statements, tax returns and cash flow statements of Borrowers and Guarantors.
· Review and complete analysis of third party reports such as Appraisal, Environmental and Property Condition Assessments.
· Work directly with origination team/brokers to develop loan structures that will meet client’s financial objectives.
· Effectively manage communication between various stakeholders, including internal and external counterparts.
· Timely problem recognition and effectively communicating credit issues to manager and senior management.
Identify potential structural enhancements in order to improve the credit and reduce risk.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.