Newport Center (61059), United States of America, Newport Beach, California
Commercial Underwriter, Multifamily & Seniors Housing
The incumbent is responsible for evaluating Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Seniors Housing loan applications for new loan facilities, all in accordance with business unit standards. Additional scope of responsibilities includes performing due diligence and gathering information as necessary to make sound lending decisions. The incumbent will also perform other duties as necessary to support the goals and objectives of the department.
- Exceptional analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy; ability to problem-solve and efficiently prioritize and multi-task.
- Fully understands the procedural aspect of underwriting Agency Loans from application to delivery and can accurately detail this out to stakeholders within the deal team.
- Shepherds own and junior peer’s deals through the prescreen, structuring, and quoting phases as well as overseeing the full underwriting process.
- Oversees underwriting of portfolios, including coordinating assignments/tasks among underwriters and analysts.
- Able to manage analyst\sr. analyst for increased capacity and development of staff to underwriter levels.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guides and the fundamentals that drive cash flow and values for multifamily complexes and senior housing facilities.
- Interprets Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac product sheets and is able to underwrite multiple transaction types, including fixed, floating, supplementals, etc.
- Reviews and provides written analysis of financial statements, tax returns and cash flow statements of Borrowers and Guarantors.
- Reviews and completes analysis of third party reports such as Appraisal, Environmental and Property Condition Assessments.
- Works directly with origination team/brokers to develop loan structures that will meet client’s financial objectives.
- Effectively manages communication between various stakeholders, including internal and external counterparts.
- Timely problem recognition and effectively communicating credit issues to manager and senior management.
- Identifies potential structural enhancements in order to improve the credit and reduce risk.
• Bachelors Degree
• 3 years of in commercial banking or financial industry, with a focus on underwriting and credit statement analysis or 3 years of experience as an agency underwriter
• Bachelors Degree with a concentration in business, accounting or finance.
- Experience underwriting seniors housing facilities for Fannie Mae and/or Freddie Mac executions.
- Ability to write in a concise and clear manner to convey complex information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively.
- Seniors Housing experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position