Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description
As a Commissary Manager you will direct the daily Retail/Commissary operations for an assigned facility/site after participating in an Aramark Corrections Services specific training program.
Duties of this position include:
- Establish and maintain systems and procedures for the planning, directing, and coordinating of commissary activities for the delivery of products to customers within the account
- Coordinate unit forecast and unit accounting process
- Ensure the requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met
- Execute promotions assigned for that location
- Supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control
- Oversee labor scheduling, staffing and employee training
- Conduct inventory and records management audits to comply with Aramark, government and accrediting agency standards
- This position may supervise inmate labor
- Other duties as assigned
Employment with Aramark Correctional Services is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of all required pre-employment screening checks. Once an offer of employment is made, applicants will be required to undergo various pre-employment screening checks including, but not limited to, criminal background checks. Criminal background check results are reviewed and analyzed in accordance with applicable law and all appropriate factors are considered, including the nature and gravity of the offense(s), the amount of time that has passed since the commission of the offense(s), the relationship between the offense(s) and the job being sought, operating contract requirements and factors required by state law. Qualifications
- A Bachelor's Degree and/or 3-5 years retail industry experience.
- Managing and communicating effectively in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is a key factor of this job.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions based off information provided is an essential capability to be successful in this role.
- Previous retail and/or convenience store/big box retailer/grocery experience with a focus on customer sales, fulfillment and merchandising is desired.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-management service experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.