Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description
About Aramark Correctional Services
Aramark Correctional Services (ACS) is far and away the leader in outsourced food services within the Corrections industry, preparing well over 1,000,000 meals a day for state, county and city facilities. We are perhaps best known for our food, but to be the leader you need to do more. At ACS, we endeavor to Go Beyond for our clients by helping them solve the unique challenges of the corrections environment. We do this through the development of innovative programs that benefit not only the client, but also the officers, the offenders and the surrounding community. We also Go Beyond for our people by providing a foundation for professional growth and advancement through world-class training and development at every level. ACS maintains an environment that encourages innovative thinking and humble confidence by nurturing and retaining the very best, talented, goal-oriented individuals who recognize the unique opportunities ACS offers. Go Beyond. For You. With You.
About the Position:
As a Commissary Manager you will direct the daily retail/commissary operations for an assigned facility/site after participating in an ACS specific training program.
Duties of this position include:
- Establish and maintain systems and procedures for the planning, directing, and coordinating of commissary activities for the delivery of products to customers within the account
- Coordinate unit forecast and unit accounting process
- Ensure the requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met
- Execute promotions assigned for that location
- Supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control
- Oversee labor scheduling, staffing and employee training
- Conduct inventory and records management audits to comply with Aramark, government and accrediting agency standards
- This position may supervise inmate labor
- Other duties as assigned
Employment with Aramark Correctional Services is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of all required pre-employment screening checks. Once an offer of employment is made, applicants will be required to undergo various pre-employment screening checks including, but not limited to, criminal background checks. Criminal background check results are reviewed and analyzed in accordance with applicable law and all appropriate factors are considered, including the nature and gravity of the offense(s), the amount of time that has passed since the commission of the offense(s), the relationship between the offense(s) and the job being sought, operating contract requirements and factors required by state law. Qualifications
Ideal candidates will possess:
- a bachelor's degree AND/OR 3-5 years retail industry experience.
- Managing and communicating effectively in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is a key factor of this job.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions based off information provided is an essential capability to be successful in this role.
- Previous retail and/or convenience store/big box retailer/grocery experience with a focus on customer sales, fulfillment and merchandising is desired.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-management service experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required.