Power Power Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Commissioning and Tuning Support Engineer
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Global Product Line organization is one of three organizational pillars in Power Services and is responsible for global volume, profitability & growth in terms of market share, TAS, SAS. The product lines will develop the global product roadmap and deliver a competitive product portfolio to support growth.
They will also manage and plan technology investments, commercialize new products and lead complex or 1st-time projects in co-operation with the regions. The Product Lines will define the capability, resource and industrial footprint requirements and ensure that the regions have appropriate resources.
The GT oOEM Product Line organization is in charge of the global strategy definition, implementation and business results for the targeted platforms. The Commissioning Support Engineer will be directly responsible for the commissioning and tuning support of the site team. In this role you will be accountable for the success of the Commissioning comprising of briefing, guiding and supporting the commissioning and tuning teams either remotely or on site during execution for GT oOEM fleets. This position will report to the Product Line Operations Support Leader GT oOEM.
This is a critical role on the GT oOEM Operations team where you will have significant opportunity to demonstrate your creative problem-solving, technical, communication and process skills in a complex, global and fast-paced environment. Critical interfaces will be with the GT oOEM FS and Engineering organizations as well as external partners and the GT oOEM leadership team. The role will play a major part in delivering the GT oOEM strategy and driving customer satisfaction across GT oOEM operations.
* Support projects in Commissioning & Tuning covering the GT oOEM target fleets
* Develop & run a robust process for technical briefing of site teams prior to execution
* Provide support and technical input to the development of field work instructions and documentation for use at site
* Support, develop & deliver training in commissioning/ tuning
* Supports Engineering & Field Service in site tools development
* Interfaces with Engineering teams on NPI developments & concurrently creates the relevant field requirements in line with NPI introduction
* Provides coaching and support in field processes & problem solving techniques for the product line
* Participate & represent the Product Line in technical reviews
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Business or other technical or business related field
* At least 6 years of experience in the Gas
Turbine Field Service on gas turbines or their controls/ DCS systems, therefrom
minimum of 4 years experiences on gas turbines of the Mitsubishi, Siemens or
Siemens-Westinghouse fleet, added by experiences in Engineering, Manufacturing
or Product Management sectors
* Willingness and ability to travel minimum
30% of the time
* Fluency in English
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Experience in Controls, Commissioning or Tuning on oOEM products
* Experience working in a global environment with multicultural teams
* Experience in a service environment and/or with repairs projects/workshops
* Experience with business development and strong customer service mindset
* Strong IT skills in Office, Primavera/MS Project, Visio Support Central/SharePoint
* Knowledge of related product line engineering, offerings, services and associated markets
* Effective team building, influencing and problem solving abilities
* Strong analytical, project management organizational skills
* Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
* Clear thinker with an ability to focus on the "critical few" issue/priorities
* Able to communicate messages clearly and concisely
* Ability to translate strategy into business objectives
* Willingness and ability to travel minimum 30% of the time
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.