Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Power Systems Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Shoreview, Minnesota for a Commissioning Leader - Product Design & Implementation of North America Region. Cummins USA is where you can provide the leadership of the project development and implementation commissioning team to successfully deliver on project solutions for our customers, whilst creating an exciting, innovative environment for employees to grow their capabilities and careers within. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Skills and Experience Required: Skills
- Manages a team consisting of Digital Master Control's systems and Gas project commissioning engineers. ( Service engineers performing services at customer sites.)
- Leads continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
- Meet the commissioning and site testing contractual needs of all projects including but not limited to: commissioning activities; performance testing and operator training.
- Provide warranty/policy support; claims management assistance, and lead others in the use of channel repair process (Quick Serve).
- Meet and exceed customer and stakeholder expectations in all projects that are undertaken.
- Provide key performance indicator reports that appropriately measure the success factors of the commissioning organization.
- Responsible for managing teams of service engineers, provides employee performance feedback, provides opportunities for employee development and enhance employee career growth.
- Support the functional excellence needs of the project development and implementation organization; deliver as necessary training and awareness raising activities to increase commissioning capabilities across CMI.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are followed, appropriate productivity and efficiency is achieved, and that employee questions are answered.
- Participates proactively during reviews to ensure the serviceability of new components and products including the monitoring of new product performance.
- Ensures that new information regarding technical fixes and service procedures is communicated to the service organization.
- Responsible for improvements and organizational development.
Coach & Develop - Role models coach and develop behaviors. Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees; gives timely specific feedback and helpful coaching; provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development.
Manage Execution - Solid understanding of how to manage execution. Manages the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools. Delegates effectively and regularly with solid support and follow through. Uses defined processes to manage execution.
Cross-Functional Knowledge - Understands the basic high-level tasks for functional areas including Marketing, Technical, Supply, Logistics, Manufacturing, Service and Finance. Has experience in at least one functional area.
Distribution/Service Network Knowledge - Demonstrated results in communicating and working with Distributor personnel to complete performance plan objectives which require integration with the global distribution network. Can serve as a trainer/mentor for this skill.
Focus On Customer Needs - Familiar with key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation.
Performance Management - Has a good understanding of organizational values and goals, translates them into performance standards and applies and leads others through this process.
Stakeholder Management And Communication - Demonstrates knowledge of stakeholders and steps needed to identify and engage the appropriate stakeholders to ensure common understanding and agreement to support the project. Has created and used a stakeholder management and communication plan: identifying stakeholders, analyzing and prioritizing them, and planning and executing the communications regularly through the life of the project.
Workforce Planning - Possesses basic knowledge of workforce planning approaches. Experience
Significant level of relevant experience, including team leadership required Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) in Engineering or related field required Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins