GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Hydro
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Commissioning Manager - Hydro
Services Project Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Commissioning Manager - Hydro will be responsible for the complete execution of commissioning to the quality standard and plan, time schedule, scope of civil works, major packages handed over from erection to commissioning and vendor support, status of documentation, commissioning protocols. You will be responsible for EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) plan, site commissioning staffing plan, applicable local regulations and restrictions.
As the Commissioning Manager - Hydro, you will:
* Mobilize the commissioning team and establish testing and commissioning
* Plan and set up Commissioning tools etc.
* Establish site commissioning planning and pull the fronts from erection team on time
* Strategically execute the site commissioning
* Strategically execute the GE EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) policy and the site EHS plan
* Strategically manage the site schedule, progress of works and cost
* Set up and strategically all the contractual site tests
* Manage subcontracts / subcontractors
* Be the overall management and leadership of the GE site staff
* Maintaining an intensive customer relationship and a high level of customer satisfaction
* Closeout of all site subcontracts with fair and proper allocation of costs, minimizing impact to GE and punch list
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of minimum of 5 years of experience in power plant commissioning and engineering
* High School / Diploma with a minimum of 18 years of commissioning experience
* Ability and willingness to travel 75% of the time and work extended hours to support the business
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in power plant commissioning and engineering
* Appropriate experience and training in general leadership and management technique
* Sound knowledge of commissioning in minimum of 1 package and over all knowledge of power plant
* Leadership and social competence
* Extensive knowledge of power plant systems
* Negotiation and presentation
* Self-motivated and achiever
* High degree of cost awareness
* Site Management experience
* Fluency in the English language
* Self-motivated and achiever
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.