At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Pretty much, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
We are seeking a Commissions Analyst in our Lehi Corporate office to join our team. We are looking for someone that is ready to jump in and help our fast growing business grow even faster.
You'll make a difference by doing the following:
- Prepare, audit, and process sales commissions on a weekly basis, specifically those not automatically processed through by the commissions engine
- Prepare, audit, and process other variable pay on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
- Work with sales reps in the field, as well as operations, finance, sales and HR, on investigating and resolving any commissions issues or disputes
- Maintain an accommodating yet professional relationship with the sales department
- Interface with department management and IT to ensure the commissions systems are relevant, up to date, and accurate
- Help the commissions manager keep accurate accounting records of commissions, advances, and other payments for reporting; assist with the preparation of journal entries, as well as month-end close and reconciliation of relevant sales accounts
- Assist payroll, HR, and legal with any matter requiring legal compliance (eg, requests for data, court cases, new compensation plans, etc.)
- Provide reports and data to sales, finance, HR and/or accounting management
- Assist the commissions manager or director of finance with the preparation of any special analyses, projects, or commissions as needed
- Assist finance management in other duties as assigned
You'll do that with your...
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office programs
- Working knowledge of general database structure, rules and topics
- Working knowledge of PDF software (Adobe Acrobat, Nitro Pro, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eye for accuracy
- Accommodating yet professional-level skills in 'customer service' situations (where it concerns problem resolution). Previous customer service skills a plus, but not necessary
- Must be a quick learner and able to work independently
You'll know you're ready if you have...
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting , or Business
- Intermediate computing experience
- 1-2 years' experience in commissions, payroll, finance, accounting, and/or related fields is a plus
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and provide local and/or state licensing according to state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.