Recognized as an external thought leader within a strategic function or discipline. Influences the strategy to address internal or external business and regulatory issues. Proactively identifies and solves the most complex problems that impact the management and direction of the business. May participate in the development of the product or business strategy. Leads multidisciplinary projects or initiatives. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of individual capabilities and business requirements. Key Responsibilities
- Develops, aligns and implements commodity strategies.
- Negotiates and manages the maintenance of agreements with suppliers that provide the structure for all business relationships between Applied Materials and the supply base.
- Engages with the PLC process to ensure alignment with the commodity strategies.
- Directs new supplier introduction and/or disengagement requirements to/from the Applied Materials supply base.
- Drives resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-time, which may include engagement with sub-tiers in the supply chain.
- Develops and presents high level cost reduction opportunities.
- Approves/final authority, delivers and manages Supplier Performance Improvement Plans.
- Drives formal supplier performance reviews.
- Recognized as "guru" or external expert in a function
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive expertise in leading-edge theories, techniques and/or technologies within own field
- Influences internal/external business and/or regulatory issues that have an impact on the business
- Leads highly visible multidisciplinary project teams or initiatives; provides thought leadership
- Proactively identifies and solves the most complex problems; uses ground-breaking methods to think beyond existing solutions
- Impacts business direction through the development of innovative services or products
- Negotiates with senior management, customers, regulators or vendors to influence decisions
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.