At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Pretty much, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
Vivint Solar is looking for a Solar Commodity Manager help manage 1-3 technology-related commodities across our global supply network. This individual will report to the Senior Manager of Procurement, and have opportunities to dive deep into the solar business, our supply chain, key business goals, and the materials, markets, and strategies that drive our business. If you are a high-achieving influencer, with a track record of delivering results, strong analytical capabilities, and impressive soft-skills and you want to be part of the exciting solar revolution, this is the job for you.
You'll change the world by...
- Manage 1-3 commodities / categories within the solar space, such as inverters, racking, modules, batteries, communications, etc.
- Become an expert on the internal stakeholders, suppliers and their capabilities, and technology and industry dynamics in your commodity(ies)
- Create and manage data and metrics to drive Procurement commodity strategies, improve supplier performance and quality, and drive business outcomes
- Understand corporate goals, strategy, and trends in the field (50+ warehouses and offices across the US) to influence category priorities
- Participate in, and influence the supplier selection & sourcing process with internal teams such as Finance, Technology, Design & Engineering, and Field Operations
- Achieve cost savings through negotiations, process improvement, and collaboration with suppliers & internal stakeholders
- Support supplier scorecards and supplier business reviews to measure and track supplier performance
- Ensure supply continuity and manage required transactions for your commodities, including forecasting and demand planning, purchase orders, supplier contract obligations and SLAs, supplier deliveries, quality issues, etc.
You'll do that with your...
- Ability to manage complex projects to a schedule and prioritize your workload
- Strong business judgement, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in MS Office / Google Apps. Excel super-user. Any experience with VBA, SQL, R, etc is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Bachelor's degree required. Strong applicants will likely have an emphasis in Finance, Supply Chain, Business Management.
- 5+ years of work experience
- Leadership potential to drive category strategies, develop pricing models, and develop influence across all levels of an organization. Experience with Lean Six Sigma and process improvement methodologies a plus.
- Solar experience not required, but the hunger and ability to learn quickly is required.
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.