Eaton’s Aerospace division has
an opening for a Commodity Manager Castings & Forgings Supply Chain. The
position will be based out of either: Jackson, MS, Los Angeles, CA, Jackson,
MI, Grand Rapids, MI or Euclid, Ohio or a home office in the U.S.
Position Overview :
This position is
responsible to strategically develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies throughout Aerospace operations
to reduce costs. The role will require individuals to be familiar with the
complete range of strategic sourcing activities. This includes the analysis of
spend, the formulation of and implementation of commodity strategies, the
negotiation of contracts and the ongoing management of strategic supplier
relationships (including Supplier Development). Holders of these roles are the
principal people accountable for the implementation of Aerospace-wide sourcing
commodity strategies, development and compliance at the site level.
Essential Responsibilities :
Manages a commodity within
the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the
supply chain by managing the following:
- Commodity and negotiation strategies including global
selection/de-selection, evaluation and supply base rationalization
- Supply chain solutions,
including VMI, supplier consignment stock etc.
- Logistics – lowest total cost
of SCM, Kitting, Integration of supply
- Roll-out Eaton Corporation’s
supplier agreements/terms to the Aerospace supply base
implements, and maintains strategic sourcing strategies for a pre-defined
commodity portfolio to support Aerospace requirements.
spend analysis, supplier assessment and supplier selection to agreed
- Develops and
implements commodity strategies in line with Corporate, Divisional, and
site initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total
cost of supply chain management.
commodity and implementation teams in delivering supply chain strategies
within project timescales
- Builds cost
models (TAC/should cost) to validate commodity strategies and to
understand cost drivers.
all activities with Corporate, Group, Division and site mgt. Working
with the Site Supply Chain leads, this individual will manage
relationships with suppliers on behalf of Eaton. Some of these
relationships may be of strategic significance to Eaton; others will be of
a more tactical nature
- Develops a commodity supply base which creates and sustains a
competitive advantage for Eaton Aerospace, utilizing global market
exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies.
- Drives savings
expectations in line with profit plan and overall business objectives
on priority projects and savings.
- Ensures that
agreed strategic sourcing targets for cost reduction are met in the
commodity portfolio. This includes responsibility for meeting Improvement
Plan targets and year on year cost reductions.
- Provides commodity support to New Program Teams as
required including costs, schedules, and designs.
- Negotiations and management of cost models for
suppliers to include 'hard' money (such as price, volume discounts, etc.)
and 'soft' money (such as expertise, technical backup, etc.) in the
context of Total Acquisition Cost (TAC) and Total Opportunity Cost (TOC).
- Identification and delivery of opportunities for cost
input for annual and long-term savings target-setting.
business-wide Supply Chain personnel on Strategic Sourcing process.
appropriate performance measure (Quality, Cost and Delivery) of supply base and
feedback of results
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelors in Business, Supply Chain Mgmt., Operations or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years casting/forging experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside in the U.S. and work in a U.S. remote location or U.S. Eaton location listed on the position to be considered.
- This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Aerospace environment
- Detailed knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements
- Experience in developing and leading a high performing, cross-divisional Commodity Strategy
- Experience with Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Experience and working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to Supplier Quality
- Experience with Low Cost Regions
Position Criteria :
- Analytical skills- Ability to assemble financial data and perform higher level analysis (IRR, NPV, TCO, etc.)
- Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
- Ability to analyze, identify and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement that have measurable dollar impact each year.
- In depth knowledge of the casting and forging process
- Knowledge of institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Statistical Process Control, Process Mapping, Tree Diagrams, Root Cause Analysis, Analytical software programs
- Must be willing to travel globally
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.