The Outsourcing Commodity Manager is responsible for the development of category strategies, supplier relationship management, strategic sourcing, negotiations, risk mitigation and contract management. Manages the supply base strategic direction, metric and reporting processes and related projects for the Outsourcing of Binding, Finishing and Mailing. Position is responsible for the execution of strategies that deliver a competitive advantage to the business company-wide for assigned Outsourcing categories. This visible leadership position must be capable of collaborating with all levels within the company and supply base.
- Utilize strategic sourcing methodology to develop category strategies, source, negotiate and manage suppliers to deliver total lowest cost and mitigate supply risks
- Develop strategies, plans and goals, identifying and leading continuous process efficiencies
- Identify and execute project opportunities relating to cost savings and productivity improvements
- Negotiate supplier agreements including service levels, contract terms and pricing; Manage supplier agreement process for all Outsourcing categories company-wide
- Lead efforts to leverage spend by identifying a preferred supply base, direct spend to preferred suppliers and eliminate non preferred/approved suppliers, as appropriate
- Serve as the primary point of contact for cross-functional partners across the organization, relative to sourcing activity. Recognized as the industry expert within RR Donnelley for assigned categories
- Lead sourcing and commodity teams leveraging technical, market and manufacturing / operations expertise
- Initiate, lead and participate in process change efforts related to system changes and reporting tools such as SAP, Datamart and CustomBuy
- Manage and direct the daily efforts of the Binding, Finishing and Mailing categories, providing efficient and responsive service to the organization
- Lead the development and execution of metrics, reporting, policies and procedures relating to Outsourcing
- Provide leadership and participate in Sourcing activities including adhoc assignments at the direction of the Director of Sourcing
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.