Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft - our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is a global leader in the design and manufacture of a variety of aerospace products. Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) division, based in Burnsville, MN is searching for a Commodity Manager to join the team.
This position is responsible for electronics commodities. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Support long term agreement negotiations with the central United Technologies Aerospace Systems organization.
- Provide support to business unit location needs and ensure alignment with the strategic sourcing review board; supporting development of suppliers and commodity strategies.
- Ensure alignment with business unite make/buy strategy.
- Address systemic and critical supply issues (in concert with supplier performance team), including for repairs associate with production long term agreements.
- Drive cost savings projects. Participating in the P3 and P4 transition process.
- Support new product introduction purchase order placement, sourcing decisions, achievement of targeted cost.
- Supports cost summits, reports on payables, coordinates setting of standard costs and PPV analysis.
- Supports standards exercise (cost analyst).
Completes inventory analysis, slide deck presentations, supplier health assessments for critical and key suppliers, supply chain metrics for specified commodities, customer specific reporting, cost and project tracking and drives for consistence in data reporting. Qualification:
- 2+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management role.
- Proven project management skills involving multiple simultaneous projects across different sites.
- Aerospace experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project).
- Exposure to ERP systems, SAP preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent oral and written communication
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams fast paced project environment
- Quick learner with the aptitude to learn more and drive change.
Self-directed, strong organization skills with a demonstrated ability to work with remote teamsEducation:
BS or BA in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or Operations with 4-7 years experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Note to candidates regarding interview scams:
We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .