Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to creating external company publications and communications that maintain and improve the company's public image. Provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving on highly significant matters. May operate in a lead role within the team.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and external communications to support the firm's products and services. Plan, write, edit, and distribute press releases, media advisories, articles, Op-Eds, financial communications, promotional materials, advertising, and web content.
- Manage external communications for one or more business units. Develop and execute communication strategies to ensure that business areas meet goals and objectives. Collaborate with senior management and stakeholders.
- Provide counsel and act as project manager on message development and delivery. Manage media contacts and respond to inquiries.
- Lead collaboration with external partners to develop joint communication tactics. Manage vendor relationships. Present insights and best practices. Identify economies to reduce expenses and save time.
- Monitor competitor advertising, corporate websites, and other external communications. Report trends. Identify opportunities to improve communications based on content analysis, metrics, user feedback, and marketing research. Provide recommendations.
- Develop, implement, and document procedures. Contribute to and develop standards and procedures.
- May perform highly complex projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Experience working with Executive-level leadership
- Experience serving as a spokesperson
- Extensive experience and familiarity working in a variety of print and Web media publications
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Superb writing, editing, formatting, research, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and formulate comprehensive communications plans
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.