This position is responsible for coordinating/executing the Internal Communications and Employee Engagement function for North America. The position is responsible for providing support the Manager of Internal Communications and Employee Engagement based in EC, NJ. You will deliver information, drive action and execute employee communications across the North America business. This includes headquarters offices, sales offices and product manufacturing facilities across NA.
The position will act as the primary support person to the Manager to execute communications from various functions to employees. The position will also liaison with the global communications campaign team to drive the “sustainable living” North America narrative internally. The position entails significant amounts of employee communications & project execution as well as employee engagement events.
As part of the North American Sustainable Business & Communications group, the Communications Assistant is expected to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment, have a stated “personal purpose” as well as an interest in sustainability issues. Duties and Responsibilities
- Ongoing tech updates & content refreshes of Unilever brand digital communications platforms and tools – unileverusa web based and social media platforms, globally managed intranet and email platforms, location-based digital tools
- Writing/editing across multiple formats with “storyteller” capabilities through writing or video
- Manage department editorial and event calendars
- Execute all senior executive communications forums, (e.g. Town Halls) and management of AV vendors & equipment
- Plan and execute video filming and editing of key communication projects -- “Behind the Wall” (Project Unify), “The Voice (HR Comms) and other new upcoming platforms to drive employee communication
- Support Manager with employee volunteerism events and employee giving programs
- MUST have strong organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Experience with running marketing-type campaign and understanding of how to bring an idea to life – CREATIVITY IS A MUST!
- Liaison with other team members in Sustainable Living, Corporate UL Brand, Advocacy and Media Relations as needed.
- Minimum 3 years-experience in Communications or marketing preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent creative thinking, strong writing/editing skills, passion for winning, organizational awareness and team commitment. Ideal candidate is curious and hungry for knowledge and has the ability to bring fresh ideas to the table.
- Open to new ways of working and innovative ideas for our functions
- A writing sample is required
- Up-to-date on the newest digital technologies in the communications/engagement space.
- Digital expertise (intranet, social media, web-based platforms especially SharePoint) -- experience with digital media and graphic design tools highly preferred.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered.
Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .