At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Communications Coordinator for the Critical & Chronic Care Solutions Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Communications Coordinator
will coordinate the development of packaging graphics artwork for new and existing products for the Critical & Chronic Care Solutions division. The person in this role will work with cross functional business partners and external agencies to provide solutions, coordinate design projects, and collect information needed to execute art production, on time, on cost, and within 3M's quality requirements. Works with moderate work direction, and can identify issues/problems but may need assistance in resolving. Must work well with defined approaches, systems and processes. Must apply advanced knowledge of communication technologies and processes. No responsibility for directly leading or supervising other 3M employees. This position provides opportunities to demonstrate professionalism and expertise to impact the customer and deliver 3M results. This role makes a difference!Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
Key Attributes of a Successful Candidate:
- Leads art production and prepress activities for projects simple to complex in scope, including managing the revisions and timeline
- Manages artwork approvals using online proofing tools, and tracking revisions and/or approvals
- At the completion of project prepares and completes all documentation to meet requirement of all packaging graphics processes
- Participates in cross functional team meetings and project requirements meetings
- Responsible for partnering across many functions within 3M (marketing, manufacturing, Regulatory, etc.) and with external production agencies to ensure all artwork content is created correctly and uploaded into the system on-time
- While processes are standardized, judgement is required to deal with some variations in conditions or operations
- Ensures all artwork and design content is created correctly and within the standards/guidelines of the brand and regulatory bodies. Also ensures print quality is met.
- Reviews proofs for quality, content, color, etc.
- Proposes new ideas and processes to business teams
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage high volumes and shifting priorities
- Ability to multitask
- Associates degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in art production, graphic design, and/or current print processes (offset, digital, or other)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in art production and/or graphic design
- Experience with print production
- Health care industry-based experience
- Experience with PDF Professional
- Experience in project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.