We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Develop and execute strategic internal communications programs/campaigns that support the company's business objectives. Deliver creative written and graphic content to help drive engagement at all levels. Consults with business unit clients to identify communications needs, recommend strategic and tactical communications solutions. Participates on task force teams to develop high profile communications. Establishes and maintains writing/editing/production schedule for stories, web content, collateral, meeting materials and communications projects. Oversees collaborative process between team and partner business units (Graphics, Media, Web, Marketing, Legal). Manages creation of meeting presentation materials and collateral. Writes, edits copy; oversees graphic and web design processes on communications projects. Performs other duties as assigned. Essential Job Functions
Physical Actions Physical Environment Education Requirements
- Management of communications editorial project requests; assessment of need, assignments to team; support of Communications Director as needed.
- Oversight of collaborative communications development process involving web, media, graphics partners, to ensure graphics and visual content that reinforces overall communications objectives.
- Writing and editing of all forms of communications.
- Team leadership and development, coaching and feedback of team’s work quality/productivity, and customer satisfaction.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications, marketing, journalism or related discipline. Experience Requirements
7-plus years in a communications role. Previous strategic thinking and planning experience is highly preferred. Special Skill Requirement
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- Proven ability to distill complex information into relevant content.
- Comprehensive understanding of Farmers business operations and structure/processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of AP and Farmers writing and graphics style rules.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, mentor and provide feedback, and support individuals' career development.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/collaborate through influence.
A little about us: