At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for developing internal communications plans and strategies as they apply on a corporate, HR and BSC-wide level. Represents Director or Manager, Employee Communications in their absence. Supports corporate, executive and BSC communications, and overall internal communication as it applies to external audiences. Supports and reinforces Exelons human resources corporate communications messages and provides communications guidance and support to corporate HR. Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager, Employee Communications and VP, Corporate Communications, in support of other internal communications positions. This position reports to the Director or Manager, Employee Communications.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure effective communication of corporate messages and content on a company-wide basis to employees.
- Direct interface with business unit communications managers to ensure consistency of messaging.
- Develop and coordinate HR communication plans and strategies to support business plans and objectives, as well as Exelon corporate objectives. -
- Produce accurate, compelling, and editorially proficient written communications.
- Manage a variety of communication tasks to support leadership, including talking points, short presentations, and online messages.
- Consult and advise HR lead and staff on strategies for communicating HR policies, programs, and benefits.
- Manage vendor/agency relationships in the development of collateral, and the execution of projects.
- Proven, excellent communications skills both written and interpersonal.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and project management skills.
- Masters degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, or related field; 5-7 years experience in internal communications and publications.
- Energy business/industry knowledge.
- Position reports directly to the Manager of Employee Communications.
- Position activities are focused on internal communications and HR support, while participating in and supporting initiatives and projects developed by communications managers across all business units
- Involves proactive communication planning and plan execution, significant writing, editing and development of communications materials, and a high level of coordination with other communication functions within Corporate Communications.
- Requires strong writing, editing and project management skills.
- High level of organization, strategic thinking, and presentation required
- Required travel.
- Operates independently with little or no supervision.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.