Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Collateral Project Manager
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 21 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
This position is responsible for managing the drafting, design, coordination and execution of all printed communication materials. The collateral project manager works with internal and external stakeholders and a team of contract designers and printers to execute projects. Emphasis will be on creating and updating recycling education materials to engage customers and increase participation in recycling. This position requires a high level of organization, attention to detail, problem solving and the ability to keep projects on time and budget.
Waste Management is committed to social and racial equity and cultural responsiveness in its services to clients, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
Qualifications A. Education and Experience
- Develop all printed customer materials for 100-plus municipal contracts, including brochures, postcards, posters, container decals, collection calendars, recycling guidelines, customer notification letters, bill inserts and other promotional mailers for residential and commercial customers in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and British Columbia
- Track all projects on a weekly basis to ensure that designers, printers and internal staff meet all deadlines.
- Ensure all materials are delivered on time and with high quality.
- Work collaboratively with a team of outside vendors, including graphic designers, printers and direct-mail vendors on projects.
- Manage an extensive editing, review and approval process for all print materials, including edits from municipal partners as well as internal stakeholders from WM operations, contract compliance, customer service and sales.
- Consult routinely with district managers, contract managers and contract compliance teams to ensure materials reflect municipal contract requirements and preferences.
- Ensure all materials adhere to current WM branding guidelines.
- Edit, proofread and fact-check all print materials.
- Provide updated print materials for WM's new customer fulfillment department.
- Track and manage vendor estimates to ensure project costs are competitive and reasonable.
- Work with more than a dozen district offices to correctly route purchase order requests and invoices from vendors.
- Maintain extensive print and digital archives of all market-area materials.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience, in communication, journalism or related field.
- Two years previous experience in a communications department or agency.
- High level of organization, attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Two to five years experience in communications project management.
- Familiarity with Excel and Adobe Creative Suite
- None required
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Some knowledge of design is helpful.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day ;
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting , but could require occasional travel to field locations
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
A little about us:
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.