Come surround yourself with people who are extraordinarily passionate about cloud computing, smart, and believe that extraordinary support is critical to customer success. With Microsoft Azure, you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud.
We are the Azure Customer Engineering (CXP) team- a fast growing Engineering team of customer-obsessed individuals seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems and working with customers to improve the Azure customer experience. We are looking for talented individuals with diverse technical backgrounds passionate about enabling a healthy ecosystem for Azure technical communities. As a Cloud Community Engineer, you’ll represent Microsoft and Azure as you interact directly with our Developer community to provide effective and useful answers to their questions. Our community engineers are also the voice of the customer and have a strong connection into the Azure development teams for recurring issues, feature requests and product documentation. If you enjoy coding and helping other developers, then we want you!
Areas of responsibility include:
Engaging directly with Azure developers and IT professionals in Azure communities including MSDN and StackOverflow to answer technical questions and help solve customer problems
Being the voice and advocate for our customer, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement.
Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to Azure customers and developers.
Building and updating Azure product documentation to help customers deliver solutions on Azure.
Collaborating with Engineering and other multi-functional teams on specific user-impacting issues and bugs.
Working with other community engineers to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support.
Understanding how our customer use Azure services, and providing valuable feedback to business and development teams.
Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions.
Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about specific product lines and features.
Improving internal efficiency and customer happiness by actively finding opportunities to optimize existing or new processes and tools.
Experience and skills:
- Strong passion for helping developers connect people and communities through the cloud.
- Demonstrable technical depth in software development and contributions to the overall ecosystem.
- Proven experience working with technical communities, social media and blogging.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Strong multi-tasker and self-starter with real passion for technology
- Open to working shifts (12pm-8pm, Su-Th or Tu-Sa)
- 1+ years of experience working with enterprise customers on Azure specific solutions, application development and deployment
- Proven history of customer-obsession
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
- Expertise with network monitoring/troubleshooting tools
- Familiarity with cloud networking concepts, connectivity (geo-redundancy, CDN, VPN) and tools
- Familiarity with cloud deployment and development tools (i.e. PowerShell, Visual Studio, .NET, Python)
- Some programming/scripting experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
- Some experience running full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Some Azure solutions development and deployment experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.