Come surround yourself with people who are extraordinarily smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world-class support is critical to customer success. With Microsoft Azure, you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud.
We are the Azure Customer Engineering (CXP) team- a fast growing Engineering team of customer-obsessed individuals seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems and working with customers. We are looking for candidates with diverse technical backgrounds passionate about enabling a healthy ecosystem for Azure technical communities.
As a Cloud Community Engineer, you'll represent Microsoft and Azure as you interact directly with our Developer community to resolve customer issues. Our community engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the Azure development teams for recurring issues, feature requests and product documentation. If you are more comfortable getting your hands dirty in code rather than using a search engine for solutions, then we’re looking for you!
Areas of responsibility include:
• Engaging directly with Azure developers and IT professionals in Azure communities including MSDN and StackOverflow to answer technical questions and help troubleshoot customer issues
• Being the voice and advocate for our customer, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement.
• Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to Azure customers and developers.
• Creating and updating Azure product documentation to help customers build solutions on Azure.
• Collaborating with Engineering and other cross-functional teams on specific user-impacting issues and bugs.
• Working with other community engineers to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support.
• Working with customers to understand how they use Azure services, and providing valuable feedback to business and development teams.
• Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience.
• Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about specific product lines and features.
• Improving internal efficiency and customer satisfaction by proactively identifying opportunities to optimize existing or new processes and tools.
Experience and skills:
• Strong passion for helping developers connect people and communities through the cloud.
• Demonstrable technical depth in software development and contributions to the overall ecosystem.
• Proven experience working with technical communities, social media and blogging.
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
• Strong multi-tasker and self-starter with passion for technology
• Open to working shifts (12pm-8pm, Su-Th or Tu-Sa)
• Proven history of customer-obsession
• Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
• Expertise with network monitoring/troubleshooting tools
• Familiarity with cloud networking concepts, connectivity (geo-redundancy, CDN, VPN) and tools
• Familiarity with cloud deployment and development tools (ie. PowerShell, Visual Studio, .NET, Python)
• Some programming/scripting experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
• Some experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Some Azure solutions development and deployment experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 1+ years of experience working with enterprise customers on Azure specific solutions, application development and deployment
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
• 1+ years experience in technical position
**Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.