Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States Job Title
: Community Management Intern - MarketingPURPOSE OF THE JOB
The community management intern will have the responsibility of assisting the Social Media manager in elevating Owens Corning's Roofing and Asphalt business through owned digital media channels. As the brand is in growth mode, this is an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to make a difference and be directly involved with a new capability within the organization. The person in this role should have a keen interest in social media and an understanding of how media and communication strategies that continuously engage the online community can effectively build brand affinity. Success will be achieved by incorporating online tools to build the company's brand with contractors and homeowners.Reports to
: Social Media & Public Relations LeadSpan of Control
: Individual ContributorJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Assist in the development of the overall social media strategy and online campaigns
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on projects and assignments
- Aid in developing compelling and engaging content for all social media channels
- Help manage Roofing & Asphalt presence on social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube
- Support the customer service and customer experience initiatives
- Build and foster the Roofing & Asphalt community of users
- Seek, initiate and manage relationships with brand advocates and partners online
- Provide timely analysis and reporting of key programs and social media campaigns
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Attained or pursuing a degree in communications, advertising, public relations, business or related field. MBA optional
- Experience managing social media platforms or communities for brands
- Experience working in a corporate or agency environment, interacting with multiple levels of the organization
About Owens Corning
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
- Understanding of popular social networks - design, functionality, users, reporting, advertising and analytic packages
- Demonstrated ability to produce community management guidelines and documents that reflects the holistic understanding and implementation of the role of social media and its effects
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and presentation tools and skills
- Proficiency in social listening tools like Radian6 and Buzzlogic
- Exceptional communication skills and leadership capability to organize and motivate cross functional teams without direct reporting
- Very high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Maturity and conviction to develop and execute social media strategies that are aligned with Owens Corning's values
- Ability to write engaging copy and stories that support the strategic priorities of the roofing and asphalt business
- Ability to analyze data and provide comprehensive reports and/or recommendations
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.