Do you have a creative mind as well as a deep understanding of social media and online communities? Mixer has an opening for a Community Manager to play a key role interacting with a broad audience across our streaming platform initiatives at Microsoft. We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual, with a passion for gaming and online communities, to join our high performing team.
As a Community Manager, you will work closely with development, marketing and business teams to execute on community engagement plans and implementation steps, monitor and manage social media monitoring tools and other support initiatives for the team, and provide sentiment reporting. We are looking for a Community Manager to support our growing community on social media, help drive audience growth/engagement and help define future process and innovation of this unique and exciting entertainment platform. This role will be in Redmond, USA.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist in executing the community strategy/plan and work with your fellow Engagement Team peers to help execute against product, marketing, and internal policy
• Grow community engagement with the product through various approaches, which could include events, social media, contests, awards and our partners
• Maintain/Interact/Engage with customers through community tools, social media and other channels on a daily basis and reactive towards social trends
• 3+ years’ experience in Social/Community engagement.
• Be a self-starter and independent contributor with effective follow-through on all initiatives.
• Can execute on community initiatives, assess results and quickly react to updates based on live data or feedback.
• Possess first-hand practical knowledge of social media and web communities with prior experience creating and publishing content across a range of social media platforms
• Demonstrate ability to effectively organize internal and external resources and deliver according to a clearly communicated schedule to consistently hit deliverable deadlines at high quality.
• Experience with event/initiative ideation and design, video production, live streaming and in person events
• Passion for Streaming and the video game community as a whole
• Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to communicate with a wide variety of disciplines and audiences both internal to Microsoft, and across a wide range of external customers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.