Adecco Creative is searching on behalf of our client, a well known children's educational publisher, for a Community Manager. The Community Manager is responsible for driving specialized community strategy as well as driving the engagement and activation calendar, sourcing relevant content and leading day-to-day community management operations.
This role manages all aspects of website: monthly community calendar, community landing page, all message boards, chats, events and UGC input while working closely with the Sr. Director of Editorial and Managing Editor. The role will coordinate with the internal Web Editorial, Marketing, PR, Legal, Businesses and Production teams to support the company¿s mission. The position involves ensuring the community strategy is fully integrated with all other efforts across the portfolio.
- Coordinate routinely with all business units and create a monthly calendar of activities, including scheduling events/author chats, readathons, corporate events, topic chats, book release parties, seasonal themes and more directed at the online audience.
- Work closely with site Senior Editorial Director and Managing Editor on editorial priorities including brainstorming events, live chat opportunities, webcasts and more.
- Oversee community moderators and ensure site voice, activity, etc. is on brand, including individual threads and conversation starters within the message boards.
- Ensure that community engagement is maximized across the message boards and throughout the site¿s sub-channels.
- Establish a routine team check-in on all issues related to community, including being aware of new releases across the company, events, content, etc. that will appeal to the online audience.
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the company to source content, ensure its effectiveness and ensure the adoption of relevant community techniques into the company¿s products and services.
- Ensure that COPPA and CARU guidelines are adhered to within the message boards.
- Monitor and comment on trends and applications in community management and ensure the strategy remains relevant, reflects best practices and capitalizes on the ever-changing and expanding marketplace.
- Monitor the competition and be aware of market changes and developments.
- 4+ years experience in a community management role
- Creative, diplomatic, and fantastic interpersonal and presentational skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of community management
- Deep knowledge of the industry and great contact book
- Experience in business and strategy development
- Ability to build and leverage a strong network of peers and partners
- Budget management experience
- Team management experience
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.