Community Manager for Task & Purpose
Location: New York, New York
Posted: October 26, 2017
Reference ID: 59f24093315b760001d88c3c-0000001
Task & Purpose, a news and culture site that provides authentic perspectives on military and veterans issues, is looking to add a full-time community manager.
Task & Purpose’s mission is to provide unfiltered reporting on issues affecting current members of the military and veterans navigating transition and the Department of Veterans Affairs. We were on the ground in December 2016 during the Standing Rock protests with 4,000 other veterans; we sent journalists to Mexico to cover the deported U.S. veterans who are being recruited by drug cartels, we were one of the few publications allowed to attend the NRA’s annual conference this year, and we’ve gotten the exclusive on VA policies before they’ve been announced.
As a community manager with Task & Purpose, you’ll be in constant communication with our passionate users across social channels. You will be the main point of contact for our audience, help shape the online conversation, and produce social content that resonates with them. If you are devoted to giving voice to the post-9/11 generation of American veterans, this could be a great opportunity for you.
- Create, share, and post engaging multimedia content at specified cadence across all T&P social channels
- Responding to comments and customer queries across channels in a timely manner
- Moderating or removing comments when appropriate
- Coordinate with marketing team to make sure communications are consistent with T&P brand guidelines
- Monitor engagement rate and reach
- Primary focus will be on Facebook and Twitter
- Work with the editorial team by promoting feature articles through social channels, providing user feedback, sharing top comments, and assisting on crowd-sourced stories
- Work with the marketing team to determine social media architecture and priorities
This position is full-time and includes a competitive salary and health insurance benefits. Salary will commensurate with experience.
If you’re interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and links to your portfolio, or at least three relevant pieces of sample work, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Community Manager 2017 — [Last name].
- Strong interest in military/veterans news and affairs; informed on current events and topics related to military and veterans space
- 2+ years experience in community management or social media management
- Understanding of basic social analytics
- Demonstrated understanding of comment moderation best practices
- Ability to produce social-first multimedia content
- Military experience or connection helps