About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Department Overview The Community Mortgage Loan Officer establishes and maintains relationships with community based organizations, Realtors, and
governmental agencies which result in lending opportunities for the bank to ensure full compliance with the Community Reinvestment Act. The
job sells and originates residential mortgage loans to a predetermined sales goal focused in CRA assessment area needs. The Community
Mortgage Loan Officer identifies and meets with prospects, explains various mortgage products available, determines best alternatives together
with prospects and finalizes sales. The job also works with community based organizations and municipalities to collect and submit subordinate
financing (Down payment assistance programs) for consideration in originating mortgages to low-moderated income borrowers. Job Description
The Mortgage Loan Officer sells and originates residential mortgage loans to sales goals. Takes residential mortgage loan applications and offers or negotiates terms of residential mortgage loans.
- Meets with Prospects identified directly as well as referred by realtors, developers, attorneys and other external and internal referral sources.
- Explains variety of mortgage products and services available and offers recommendations based on evaluation of individual prospect needs.
- Guides Customers through the mortgage application process. Explains information required and other aspects of the loan process to Customers.
- Ensures applications are completed accurately and contain required information and supporting documentation.
- Manages Customers' expectations regarding processing times and closing dates.
- Sells and originates residential mortgage loans according to established policies and procedures and applicable legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Generates referrals for mortgage sales opportunities and sales of other Company business line products.
- Develops plan to achieve sales goals with assistance from sales management.
- Bachelor's degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below.
- 2-4 Years of mortgage origination experience.
- Proven Sales ability.
- Developing knowledge of mortgage industry, products, lending practices and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains the highest level of sales ability and negotiation skills.
- Self-directed, ability to plan own activities to achieve sales goals.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- PC skills, including ability to learn mortgage origination and automated underwriting systems.
Hours 40 Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Connecticut City (Primary) Fairfield * Additional Cities in Primary State Fairfield